17 | ≠ calm

*** I'm going to post my Pinterest link in my announcement and my bio. Go quickly and look at the outfits as I can't fit them all in this.

*** Another update will come soon (ish?) or on Saturday. I wanna make up for the lost weeks.

I nudge Nathan, who's sitting on the bed with a curious expression on his face

I nudge Nathan, who's sitting on the bed with a curious expression on his face. I know the reason behind the curiosity. He just saw his brother in the last place he expected to see him.

"What you thinking about?" I ask.

"What the fuck is Maverick doing here?" he answers my question with a question of his own.

I shrug, "He's Madhura's date. I asked Apoorva."

"But, what are the freaking chances?"

I sigh and get up, kneeling in front of him, my hands resting on his knees in a folded position. He stops staring into the mirror in front of the bed and looks straight at me, nervousness clear in his eyes. His eyes dart around my face, lingering a longer on my lips before finally meeting my eyes.

"What are you actually thinking about?" I ask again.

His face slowly changes expression, lips stretching into a nervous smile. The sight sends a warm chill down my spine and I take a deep breath to control my heartbeat. He moves his hands to place them on top of mine and I almost kiss him then and there. We're so close, the slow music we played as soon as we got into the room reaching our ears, matching our irregular breaths.

"I was already nervous about meeting your entire family. Now my brother is also here. How am I supposed to compete with him?"

I chuckle lightly and rub my thumb on the back of his hand, "Who said we have to compete?"

He gives me a blank dead stare and states, "You literally did. Ten minutes ago."

"I did, didn't I?" I pretend to tease him. He doesn't let his poker face fall which renders me unable to control my laughter.

"Okay fine. I did say that. But trust me," I start, leaning forward, "I prefer the younger Wright. And I'm sure the rest of the family will love both of you. But you a little better."

He raises his eyebrow, already looking a little more relaxed than before, "How are you so sure about that?"

"Well, it's because I'll be with you," I tease. I make the movement of pulling my hands away from his, but before I can do that, he pulls me closer, making me gasp. He smirks and leans even closer, so much so that we're a hair's distance away from each other. One small move and our lips will meet. I hold my breath out of pure instinct of being so close to someone, but he surprises me by moving in a different direction and placing a kiss on my forehead. I close my eyes, feeling his lips lingering a little longer than required before moving away.