Epilogue | The opposite of affirmation

Aliana Noelle Palmer could sometimes say no.

Now don't get me wrong, she didn't completely change per se, more often than not, the yes came out quite naturally. Like a reflex action, something you can't stop before you've actually done it.

Aliana, Grasshopper, as she accidentally referred to herself sometimes, felt that way, but she was okay with feeling that way.

You see, earlier she didn't have an option, a choice to make within her brain.

The contradiction didn't exist.

But now, when someone asked her to do something totally irrational, she could probably say the special word. Take, for example, last week.

"Ali! I didn't understand the project at all. Kinda zoned out in the middle of his explanation. Do you mind explaining it to me real quick? I promise I won't take long to understand!" asked her classmate Clara.

"Sure! I have a little time to spare!" Okay, Aliana wasn't heartless. Zoning out is pretty normal. And besides, Clara was a hardworking girl.

"Hey, Aliana! You're coming tonight for the party right? Nathan too, right? Also, can you get the pastries we've ordered from the Bakery?"

"Uhm, okay, sure. I'll do that." She didn't have the heart to tell him that her shift wasn't starting until the week after. Besides, she was kind of gonna go past the Bakery on her way anyway.

Sure, she might have Nathan drive 5ish minutes in the opposite direction of the party, but that's okay.

But the next one took the cake.

"Aliana! Suck my-"

"No." Gross.

"- lollipop!"

Huh?

Nathan coughed and looked at his elder brother in shock, while Aliana still didn't know what the hell Maverick was trying to say.

But when Maverick pulled out of his pocket, with childlike enthusiasm, a small coco-cola flavoured ball, Aliana really couldn't believe her luck when it came to the family she had found in her quest of learning the impossible.

Aliana resembled someone who, on many occasions nowadays, didn't really delve into the past. She was growing confident in herself, something she had struggled with long before the accident. She liked the change, though, on some days, she did struggle with it.

But all in all, she was happy.

How's Nathan you wonder now? Well, Nathan couldn't be happier. The love of his life was re-finding herself, and in the process, he was falling in love with her all over again every single day.

And that was quite an exhilarating feeling, to be honest.

Regarding the negation thing though, you get the idea about the ratio of the yes-es and the no-es. It's not much, but it's progress. Mia was on cloud 9 though, that for her best friend, there were, for the first time, a few of the latter.

And so, when Aliana reunited with the man who made this possible at the end of each day, she said a small thank you to whoever was responsible for bringing Nathan Wright into her life.

Because finally, the girl who always said yes finally did learn how to say no.

And found love along the way.

⋈ ⋈ ⋈

I can finally toggle the completed sign and DECLARE that hereby, The Opposite Of Negation is finished

I'm gonna write a whole A/N later on, but for now, all I wanna say is Thank You. Thank you for giving me a chance, thank you for reading, voting, commenting and loving this baby of mine. I know that the writing wasn't the best but I'm also aware that this is the first draft of my first book and of course the writing's gonna suck a bit. As long as I improve, right?

So I promise you, if you stick along for Missing Half Of Me (my next project), the writing, plot, quality will be better than this one.

And that's not me saying this one sucks, that's me saying I love this one and I know there's room for improvement, so there's only up from here :))

ANYWAY, that got serious lmao. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I absolutely love you all and I consider all of y'all as my family now. Thank you, from all my heart.

Okay, this got long enough. Final question of TOON then?

Q. Kinda, for the first time, lost on a question, soooooo, say anything, I guess??

This got extra-long, gonna dash now. Bonus chapters WILL be there, so Aliana and Nathan are not gone (brb crying). Ciao! 

Love,

Anya <3