10 | ≠ mislead

I can't wipe the smile off my face as I enter my apartment

I can't wipe the smile off my face as I enter my apartment. I find Mia sitting cross-legged on the floor, papers lying all around her. Her shift ends 2 hours before me as I'm always the last person leaving the bakery.

"What's up with you?" she asks suspiciously.

I roll my eyes, still not being able to wipe the silly grin on my face and flick my hand dismissively.

She gets up from the floor and stalks me to the kitchen and narrows her eyes at me, "Spill. Did that lady do something?"

"Yep," I replied, walking around her to grab some milk from the refrigerator.

"Go on. Don't just leave me hanging here!"

I turn to her and tell her the entire story. Of what Shaye and Nathan did. And the deal. After finishing, I look at Mia to see her jaw hanging open.

"Nathan Wright did that? And you've made a deal with him?" she finally speaks up.

"Yes he did and yes I have," I replied. Mia narrows her eyes at me and I instantly know what she's going to do. I dive ahead to grab her phone, which is sitting by her side, but my hand meets with the cold hard floor and her phone in her hand. Mia smirks down at me and quickly types something on her phone. Letting out a groan, I straighten myself up.

She hands me her phone, seemingly satisfied with whatever it is that she has done. On the screen is Nathan's Instagram dm and a message from Mia.

Hey Nathan. Mia Davis, your new deal partner's best friend here. I just want to know, what are you planning on doing. How do you plan on killing Ali? Remember, before killing her, you'll have to go through me, and I have an incredible reputation with sticks. You have been warned.

I groan when I see that he has seen the message and he starts typing.

Hey Mia. I am a little scared of you, but before you probably kill me with a stick, I need you to know I'm not going to kill Ali. And even if I was, I probably won't after your message. Say hi to Ali and tell her to accept my request.

"Oh my God, he sent you a request!" Mia exclaims, eyes wide. I try to act nonchalant and hand her the phone so that she can type a response. I pick up my own phone and find Nathan's request sitting on top of my follow requests. I click on it and press Accept. I look at Mia and find her already shoving her phone toward me.

I don't trust you. Meet us at The Bakery tomorrow. I'll see you there -M

Okay, ma'am. See y'all there -N

"Looks like we're gonna meet your future hubby tomorrow,"

I laugh at her ridiculousness and we continue our dinner talking about anything and everything.

⋈ ⋈ ⋈

"Maaaa, he's no one special!" I say into the phone for the millionth time. I'm walking to my morning class with a cup of coffee and my phone balancing on my shoulder. Ma had called early in the morning because my dearest best friend- soon to be an ex-best friend- had spilt some beans about a certain deal and a certain friendship with a certain somebody.