CHAPTER 26

Their summer went well. Like what Remus said, another half of summer they stayed at Jaiden's house. They went to Diagon Alley and bought Jaiden school stuff.

Remus also bought Jaiden a black owl. At first Jaiden declined his offer but Remus said that's a sign of apology for not being there with Jaiden. Jaiden named her owl Jake.

Jaiden, Ron, Hermione and the twins will exchanging letters every week. But they all never got a reply from Harry. They all understand how Harry's Uncle treated him.

After Jaiden sent her letter to Ron and Hermione, she walked down the stairs and saw her father was reading a book on his armchair.

"Dad?" Jaiden called.

"Hmm?" Remus replied without looked up from his book.

"You were friends with Harry's father, right?" She asked and sat on the couch in front of her father.

"Yes." He said. Still not looking at her.

"Why don't you take Harry that night when Uncle James and aunt Lily died? If you do, then Harry will not going to live with his abusive aunt, uncle and cousin." Remus finally looked up and smiled sadly.

"I really want to take Harry under my care. But Dumbledore stopped me. Then I realized why."

"Why?"

"First, because of my finances was unstable. And second, because of my condition. I can't take care of child in that way."

"Why you asking that all of sudden?" Remus asked.

"Nothing."

Soon, the summer came to the end. Jaiden will go to Hogwarts two days earlier since her father worked there. They apperated to Hogwarts. After they landed on their feet Jaiden grumbled about 'Why this apperated thing exist?' Which Remus just laughed.

They went to Remus's quarters and unpacked. After Jaiden unpacked her stuff, she went to her father who was sitting on the couch.

"Dad? Do you know that you'll have a partner too, this year?" She asked her father.

"Yeah. Gilderoy Lockhart."

"Him? Why him? He's a fraud, you know." She whispered. Remus laughed.

"I don't know, Cub."

"Okay. Well I'm going to have a walk. Wanna join?"

"Sure."

They both walked and talked about the Marauders. Remus brought Jaiden to where he and his friends always go. Remus also told Jaiden more about their pranks which Jaiden eagerly listening. They wandering around the castle until they spotted Minnie.

"Minnie!" Jaiden shouted and ran to the older. Minnie turned around and sighed.

"You're not going to stop calling me that, do you?" She asked with raised eyebrow and looked at both Lupin's.

"Never." Jaiden said and smiled innocently.

"Good summer?" She asked.

"It's all fine. Hope you ready with this year's exam." Minnie said.

"Don't worry, Minnie. I have my own way to score my OWLS." She looked at her father and winked. Remus rolled his eyes playfully.

"So, is Snapey arrived yet?" Jaiden asked without realizing someone was behind her. Minnie and Remus looked passed Jaiden and tried to hold their laughed.

"He's here." Snape said from behind Jaiden. She turned around and smiled at Snape.

"Hello, Snapey. Good summer?"