CHAPTER 31

The next day, they all gathered around at the middle of the Great Hall. They talked among them while waiting for Lockhart. The Great Hall door opened and Snape walked in. All the girls looked shocked and started to whispering.

"Where's Lockhart?"

"Why Snape is here?"

"Please don't let Snape teach us."

"Yes, Snape gonna teach us." Said one Slytherin.

Snape went and waited at the back of the Great Hall. Everyone looked at him which Snape returned it with a glared.

'Sevy?' Snape looked at the crowd until he spotted Jaiden. He raised his eyebrow.

'Kick his ass for all of us.' Snape smirked.

'Don't worry, little one. I'm not gonna break my promise.' Jaiden smiled at him and he returned it with a small smile.

'Where's Dad?' Jaiden saw Snape shrugged. She nodded and went to talk back with her friends.

The Great Hall door opened again and Lockhart walked in. All the girls sighed in relief and looked at him with loving eyes. Hermione immediately ran to another girls and started to talk with them. Harry, Ron and Jaiden looked at each other and gave each other disgusting looked.

"Gather around, gather around. Can everybody see me? Can everybody hear me? Perfect. Since we have a dark event lately, Professor Dumbledore asked me to teach you all how to defend yourself. Now, let me introduce you my assistant. Professor Snape." He pointed at where Snape started to climb to the platform.

"Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him, never fear!"

Lockhart and Snape turned to face each other and bowed. Then they raise their wand in front of them.

"As you see, we are holding our wand in the accepted combative position." Lockhart told everyone. "On the count of three, we'll cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course."

"One, two, three." Lockhart count.

Both of them swung their wands up and over their shoulders. Snape yelled, "Expelliarmus!" There was a dazzling flash of scarlet light and Lockhart was blasted off his feet.

All the boys, including Jaiden laughed. All the girls went to make sure Lockhart was fine. All the Slytherins cheered.

"You think he's alright?" Hermione asked.

"Who cares?" Harry, Ron and Jaiden said at the same time.

'Nice one, Sevy.' Jaiden thought to Snape.

'Thank you.' 

Lockhart went back to his feet and smiled awkwardly. He and Snape changed a few words which made Lockhart seems stupid.

"Well, let's have a volunteer to fight against us. How about-" Lockhart didn't got a chance to finish his sentence. Snape cut him off.

"Miss Lupin." Snape said and shrugged. He looked at Jaiden who eyes widened. "Come here." Jaiden went and climbed up to the platform. She went and stood next to Snape.

"Great, Sevy. No alarmed at all." She whispered.

"Yeah. That's what you got when you didn't stop calling me Sevy." He whispered back. "I helped you, you know. This is the right time for you to practice your wandless magic and to kick his ass." Jaiden looked up at Snape.

"I don't think I'll know from where you know I can use wandless magic, am I right?" She said raised his eyebrow.

He shook his head, "Never." He gently pushed Jaiden forward. Jaiden did the same as what Snape and Lockhart did. They walked away from each other and raised their wand. Before Jaiden can do anything Lockhart yelled.