CHAPTER 79

"Welcome, students!" Dumbledore started to get all their attention. "Very best of evenings to you all. First off, let me introduce the newest member of our staff, Horace Slughorn." Dumbledore said again and gestured to Slughorn at the Professor's table. He stood up and the students applaud for him.

"Professor Slughorn, I'm happy to say has agreed to resume his old post as Potions Master. Meanwhile, the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts will be taken by Professor Snape." Dumbledore said. It seemed like, only Slughorn who clapped for him but stopped immediately when no one join in

Instead, the students started to questioning about Snape taking the post. Slytherins were the only one who clapped for him. Jaiden also clapped but not too loud.

From her seat, she can see that Draco wasn't pay any attention on what Dumbledore was saying. He didn't smile, he didn't do anything. Just staring. She made a mental note to ask him if he was doing alright.

"Now, as you know, each and every one of you was searched upon your arrival here tonight. And you have the right to know why. Once, there was a young man, who, like you sat in this very hall, walked this castle's corridors, slept under its roof. He seemed to all the world a student like any other. His name? Tom Riddle." Dumbledore said and the hall bursted into a murmuring from the students.

From there, Jaiden started to not pay attention on anything. Jaiden just looked at Draco. She knew something was going on with him. Then, Draco caught she was staring at him.

"Are you alright?" She mouthed at him. Draco smiled slightly at her and nodded.

"Don't worry." He mouthed back.

"Astronomy Tower? Tonight?" She asked. He looked hesitated at first, but nodded nonetheless.

That night, as what they had planned, Jaiden and Draco met each other at the Astronomy Tower. When Jaiden went there, Draco already there. Leaning his elbows against the rail at the edge.

He turned around when he heard someone was coming. He saw Jaiden. He smiled at her and went back to look at the scenery in front of him. Jaiden went to his side and did the same as him.

"Are you sure you alright, Dray?" She asked without looking at him.

"Don't worry." He replied simply. "And you? Are you doing alright?"

"I'm good."

"How's your plan about taking a book from the restricted section?" Draco asked.

"Dumbledore will give me the permission. I asked him last year." 

"That's a good thing." Draco said, nudging her a little with his elbow while chuckling. Jaiden chuckled too. "What's your plan for this year?"

She shrugged. "I'm not sure. Perhaps, just focus on my studies." Draco nodded.

The next morning, Jaiden had her first class. Potions. She sighed at the thought of that. Snape wouldn't teach her potions anymore. She shook her head a bit and entered the classroom.

As usual, she was the first one there. When Slughorn heard someone was walking in, he turned around and saw Jaiden.

"And who'd you might be?" He asked.

"Jaiden Lupin." She replied simply.

"Lupin? Yes, yes. Quite talented himself. I remember your father. With his friends of course. Always gave trouble to everyone." He said and chuckled. Jaiden smiled and nodded. "I'm looking forward at you Miss Lupin. Professor Dumbledore had told me that you're talented too."

Jaiden nodded again. "Thanks, sir." Jaiden said and went to take her seat.

Soon, everyone started to fill in and Slughorn ordered everyone to standing at the front of one table that were full with different kind of potions.