Chapter 19: Singing

The song Deja Vu is at the top

I left my apartment, locked the door and left the building. Dylan opened the car door for me as I hopped inside.

"Thankyou!" I exclaimed.

He walked over to his side of the car and starts the engine then began to start driving.

"I'll grab us some breakfast or something after if you don't mind," I said as my stomach quietly grumbled.

"Sure!" He said as we took a right.

"Here pick whatever music you want on," Glancing away from the road for a second, he pointed to the radio.

"Thanks!" I flicked through a few songs until I found one that I loved, "Deja vu by Olivia Rodrigo,"

"My sister loves that song too!" He exclaimed while turning up the volume.

I hummed along to the first verse and Dylan whistled to the tune. Then I began to sing the chorus.

"So when you gonna tell her we did that too? She think's it's special, but it's all reused. That was our place I found it first. I made the jokes you tell to her when she's with you. Do you get Deja vu when she's with you?"

"Woah ,Torres, your so good at singing!" He complimented me while I blushed.

"I'm not that good, just doing it to get my mind of how nervous I am," I said sheepishly, I bet he thought I was overreacting because he did all that stuff all the time.

"It's okay, on my first Comic Con and everything I was petrified. But your voice is fantastic," He replied understandingly.

"Thank you," Was all I answered with. How is he so caring? We sat in silence- but not an uncomfortable one. My leg bounced up and down the whole time as I got more anxious. Dylan looked over at me, he could tell I was petrified and took one hand of the wheel and placed it on my bare thigh.

"Don't be so nervous, you'll be fine!" He said as the next song played on the radio.

"Easy for you to say, you do this like everyday for a living. What if they don't like me? Or if I say the wrong thing?" All these thought's came in my head, so may what if's.

He squeezed my leg and smiled which made me look down at his hand and then at his face , "They will love you,"

"Do I at least look okay? I hope something is going to go right, my hair is frizzy, this dress is so tight and I'm pretty sure I've got lipstick smudged on my tooth," I sighed, ugh I should've set an alarm!

"Are you joking! You look beautiful, It's hard for me to keep my eyes on the road instead of looking at you," Maybe it will all be okay and I won't mess up. I smiled slightly, "You might want to grab the jacket off the backseat before I ruin the car," He said joking, " But seriously, they would be crazy not to like you, and you look outstanding,"

Dylan kept his hand on my thigh the whole ride until we made it to our destination. We pulled out and I got out of the car. Then a couple of men came up to me and instructed us where to go.

"Are you coming?" I looked through the car window.

"Do you want me too?" He asked running his fingers through his hair.

"No I want you to sit here and wait," I said sarcastically, "Of course I want you to come in!"

The car engine turned off and he jumped out of the car. We walked side by side as we entered the large building.

"Are you ready?" I instinctively took his hand as the nerves came back.

When we made it, I looked through the black curtains and saw all of the audience and the stage which was giant!

Some people came over to me and on extra makeup, which didn't really need anymore, and put hair products in my hair. The other person attached a microphone to me and hooked it onto the back of my dress.

"You look like a real popstar!" Dylan said with a thumbs up.

"Yeah cause I definitely know what I'm doing," I said in a sarcastic tone which made us both laughed.

"Ready on set!" One of the producers shouted.

"You've got this!" Dylan murmured to me which made me slightly smile.

I took a deep breath and walked over to my chair on the stage. The show had began.

___________________

IT'S DYLANS BDAYYYY! So I decided to update a lil earlier 🥳
Seriously tho how does a 30yr old look so good-
Also, tysm for 1k+ i cant believe it

What questions will everyone ask? Will Aria mess up? Thx for reading! Please like and comment, enjoy your day! 💕📖✨🐢