*16*

It is a long day

It is a long day. The other two interviews are basically the same as the first and the time in between I spend in silence. Lindsy is far away and Mike is groggy.

On the drive to the company, after the last interview I decide to get a conversation going. I'm bored. Them being here shouldn't make me feel bored. "Lindsy?" And I need to call her three more times before she finally looks my way. "Are you okay with Mike knowing?" If she isn't I will stop, but I'm hoping she is.

"What?" And she looks confused. "Do you mind if Mike knows?" I try again. She looks at him, as she nibbles her lip. Slowly she shakes her head, and Mike looks from her to me, back to her. Curiosity written all over his face.

"Suck-Chin got the mark when they kissed" and he looks surprised at first but it makes way for a huge smile. I smile myself, "and she got the mark from Myung-Ki" I laugh, seeing his face morph into shock.

"I'm sorry I left you standing in the closet, but I really didn't have time. We can talk now." Lindsy doesn't say anything and I'm wondering why she isn't happy. "So what's bugging you?" And she hangs her head as she shrugs her shoulders.

"Nothing's wrong. I'll be fine. I just need to wrap my head around it." And she peers through her hair at me. Okay, I can understand that. "If you ever want to talk you know where to find me right?" And she nods. Then she pulls me into a hug and I hug her back. Mike observes it all with a smile on his face.

After she releases me, she looks down again and thinking this topic is closed, I look at Mike, wondering if he got a mark as well. "How did you know?" A small voice floats to me from the right and I look at Lindsy in surprise.

"What?" I inquire, not sure I heard her right. She clears her throat, and fidgets her fingers in her lap. She doesn't look up but she speaks louder now. "How did you know you liked yours for who they are and not because of the mark?"

"Wait? What? You have a mark too?" Mike demands before I can answer her. I laugh and Lindsy joins me. "I've got seven technically." And enjoy watching the shock fix itself in place on his face. And it doesn't look like he will lose it soon.

"S- seven?" He stutters and he looks so comical I can't handle it anymore and double over in laughter. When I sit back up he looks annoyed and my laugh dies. "Sorry. But you looked too funny," I chuckle. "But to answer the question. Yes. Seven. Six bonded so to speak," and he looks quizzically at me.

"Four marks got stolen. Long story." I sigh. And his shocked face morphs into one of concern. And I explain in as few steps I can what happened. I don't want to dwell too long on it. When I'm finished he pulls me into his big bear hug and I feel loved. Lindsy strokes my back and squeezes my knee with the other hand.

"Thanks. I'm okay. I'll get them back somehow. Don't worry." Smiling at both I turn to Lindsy. "You're scared you only like Suck-Chin because he has the mark?" And she nods.