Chapter One Hundred Forty

"Is everything resolved with your father," I asked as we walked onto the streets in front of the school gates?

The night air was cold and just by the temperature I knew it wouldn't be long before the first snow. I can't really say that I liked the cold that much but I have always grew up in places where snow fell. I guess traveling to warmer climate places during winter will make you feel that way.

"Somewhat. There's been a lot of activity from both my fathers group and the other so it's kind of at like a truce."

I nodded and and looked over at him, "how do you think you did on the midterm?"

He made a pfft noise, "better than previous years." He reached over and grabbed my hand, that's all thanks to you though."

I intertwined our fingers, "that's only if you place higher than you did the years before."

"I know I will."

I was about to say something when someone called out to Ba Wei. I thought he would stop walking or at least look behind him but he didn't. He kept walking and looked straight ahead. The person called again and Ba Wei seemed to speed up walking.

"Ba Wei-"

"I hear them," he said cutting me off, "ignore them."

I nodded and didn't react anymore as the people called his name. We were almost to my house when a hand landed on Ba Wei's shoulder. Almost immediately Ba Wei stopped walking.

"Ah caught ya," the unknown guy said.

Ba Wei turned around and to my surprise he pulled me so that I was standing behind him. If I was sure that this person was a friend of Ba Wei I would've blushed but my senses are on high alert.

"Can I help you?"

"Wow, you're just as cocky as the rumors say."

As he continued to talk I looked him over. He was a older man, a bit on the skinny side but he still had a bit of muscle on him. He had dark hair, olive skin, and very dark eyes. He wore a white muscle shirt with black jeans. If I'm being hind this clothing didn't really match his aura. Strange.

"Your fathers been making my work very hard."

"If you have an issue with my father take it up with him."

The guy laughed, "now why would  I do that when I can make an example out of you."

It was a obvious threat but Ba Wei didn't have any reaction to it. He just let go of my hand and took off his bag and handed It to me. It seemed like he was prepared for this kind of situation.

"Ba Wei," I called.

He didn't have a reaction to me calling his barn but the guy did. His eyes snapped to mine and a wide grin spread across his face.