Chapter One Hundred Sixty Three

"Do you know how disappointed I am right now," my father said from across the table

"Do you know how disappointed I am right now," my father said from across the table. I glanced up at him only to shift my eyes once I met his.

"I didn't mean to," I said quietly.

"You didn't mean to do what? Kill someone? That's not a mistake you make Ji Nan."

"I know, but I-"

"You what," he said raising his voice! "Do you know how many people I had to pay off just for you to be sitting in this fucking house."

Of course he only cared about how much money he had to spend. It wasn't like I asked him to bail me out. I was going to take my punishment like a man.

"I know."

He let out a sigh and slowly got up. He walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Ji Nan." I looked up at him, "don't ever do this again."

I nodded, "understood."

When I came to I heard the soft sound of someone's voice. I kept my eyes closed and just listened to the pained voice call my name. I tried to remember what had happened but I couldn't. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around the room. I was definitely in Ba Wei's room. I looked at the side of the bed to see Ba Wei with his head laid down. His eyes were closed. His hand was intertwined with mine, and I slightly squeezed it. His eyes snapped open and we immediately made eye contact.

"Ji Nan?" His voice was soft as he called my name. It was as if he was questioning if I was actually awake.

"Hmm?" As soon as that soft sound left my lips his arms wrapped around me.

"You fucking scared me," he said as he pulled back to look at me. he pushed the hair that had been in my face behind my ears as he scanned my face.

"I'm sorry," I cleared my throat. "Are you alright?" I reached out and touched his face. "You look like you haven't slept."

He had dark circles under his eyes, his skin was pale, and his hair looked like he hadn't washed it. I furrowed my eyebrows at his drastic change in appearance.

"I should be asking you that," he sighed out. "You've been out for two days. How can I sleep when you..."

He trailed off at the end and shifted his eyes. I couldn't help the pain that hit my heart just looking at him in such a state. He looked so vulnerable sitting beside the bed. I pulled his hand up and kissed it.

"I'm okay."

He was silent for a few minutes, "Ji Nan when I walked into that room and saw you unconscious it felt like everything in the world stopped. You were bleeding so much. I held your body in my arms for I don't even know how long."