Auggie

Finally, the ibuprofen kicked in, and my vision came with it. I looked around at my torn-apart room. My eyes trailing to my alarm clock last. I had hit it so hard I broke it.

"Shit... Clint's gonna beat my ass, I have to get a new one," I muttered to myself as I quickly got changed out of last night's soaking wet clothes. I changed into my black jeans and a green hoodie. I walked out into the hall and heard an unfamiliar voice from the living room. "Kate?..."

"Oh-hello!... You don't look like Clint.." a brown-haired boy looked up at me from the couch.

"And you don't look like Katie..." I raise my eyebrows and look around the room. Kate's nowhere to be found.

"I'm August," the guy stood up and walked towards me. Taller than I expected, he looked about 6'3, although his jeans and work boots could add on some height.

"(Y/N)... nice to meet you," I look down at his outstretched hand, trying to shake mine, and look back up at him. He was scrawny. Very. Scrawny.

"Are you a friend of Kate's?-" he awkwardly put his hand back in his pocket.

"Well, actually I'm-"

"They're my partner, Auggie," I hear Kate's voice call from behind me.

"I'm...I'm your what?" I turn to see Kate walking out of the bathroom in a less-than knee-length black dress and a jean jacket.

"My... partner?-You know, like, fighting bad guys?" she laughs and does a punching motion towards me.

"Oh... yeah," I pretend like she was laughing with me and not at me and laugh along.

"So you've met August already-guess I don't have to do much introducing, do I?" Kate walks towards August who wraps his arm around her shoulder. "Anything you didn't mention, Auggie?" she looks up at him and smiles. The smile looks familiar. It looks like the one she gave to me last night; when our faces almost met in the dark.

"He didn't tell me about your guys' relationship. What are you-best friends since birth, secret lovers?" I sarcastically shoot out, smiling.

"Well, I wouldn't call us secret lovers," August looked towards me then back down at her. The lovey dovey on his face made me want to spew right then and there. "But considered she didn't tell you about me-maybe we are a secret," he looked back up at me and started to laugh. I didn't match either of their laughter. I just stood there, hands in my pockets, looking like I was about to be sick. I realized tears were starting to form in my eyes when "Auggie" gave me a concerned look. I looked at Kate and watched her eyes meet mine, and her expression go from joy to an "oh shit, we almost hooked up last night and I didn't tell you I had a boyfriend" look.

"I-um, have to go get a new alarm clock," I finally get out, my voice breaking. "I'll see you guys later," I quickly walk over to the door. It took me a minute to unlock it, you know, the whole "hands shaking oh no I'm having a panic attack" thing, made it a little harder to unlock. Once I did, I open it and slam it shut. Almost to the elevator, I hear it open again, this time, closing gently.

"(Y/N), wait let me explain," I hear her voice call as I click the down button.

"No, Kate. I'm not doing this again, I gave you another chance last night, when I shouldn't have given you a chance at all," I turn to her and I'm already out of breath, after doing nothing.

"I invited him over today so I could break up with him! I like you, (Y/N)," she walked closer to me and took my hand in hers.

"If you actually liked me, you would've told me about him. If you want to break up with him, go ahead, but you aren't getting me back," I shake her hand away and turn back to the elevator as the doors opened.

"(Y/N) I swear-I'll go back in there and break up with him right now-" I could hear her starting to get choked up. Hearing her like that made the tears in my eyes form once again. I step into the elevator and turn back to her, trying to keep a straight face when I looked into her tear-filled dark blue eyes.

"Then go fucking break up with him, Bishop."