Escape

This chapter is very short I apologize but I'll write a longer one later! :)

"Yelena, good to see you," Clint gave her a smile and a nod and looked towards Natalia. "Nat put the gun down. It's just m-"

"No, I'm not going to put the gun down, Barton," Nat swang around to point the muzzle at Clint instead. 

"Ow?" I looked over at Kate and realized the muzzle had gotten part of her chin, slicing it open. Natalia still faced Clint, who drew an arrow back slowly, aiming it towards Nat but quickly re-targeting to the small space between my hands, breaking the rope and freeing me. I looked down and back up at him. I forgot he could do that. He turned back to Nat, trying to calm her down. 

"You okay?" I whisper, going over to Katie and using the arrow to slice the ropes confining her. 

"Now that my knight in shining armor is here, I'm perfect," even in life or death situations, she was sarcastic. I grabbed my glasses out of my jacket pocket, and put them on, looking around making sure there were no unseen henchmen. Because Yelena seemed like the type to have henchmen to fight her battles. Kate unwrapped herself, standing up behind me. 

"So, are we gonna fight, or are we running," I whisper out of the side of my mouth. Looking at Clint and Natasha fighting it out, while Yelena ran into her office.

"Well, unless you feel like taking ibuprofen tonight, I say, we run," Kate grabbed my forearm and led me through the door, out into the cold New York air. 

"You don't by chance still have that jacket, do you?" our pace slowed once we were a few buildings away.

"Oh yes let me just whip out my magic wand first, princess," 

"What is it with you and the sarcasm tonight?" I laugh and look at her. We pass a streetlight and I can actually see her for a second. She looked fine, other than the large cut across her forehead. 

"What? Do I have six heads again?" I realized I was still staring at her shadowy figure even after we passed the street light. 

"No-it's just the possible deathly cut on your forehead," 

"I'll patch it up when we get home-and I assure you, your face looks much worse than mine," Katie started to laugh as we entered the apartment's lobby.

"Well, that's a first."