Bandages

The last chapter was short so I figured I'd give you guys a little something in this chapter :) Along with a weird question- what's your guys' favorite type of chips? My friends and I are having a debate-Anyways, enjoy!

"God, it's cold outside," Kate and I walk into the apartment, the heat had been turned on. Which meant Clint had probably already been here. "Why is Clint's tracking programming open in the kitchen?" I yell to Kate as she walks down the hall to her room.

"I had to track you somehow, didn't I?" She pokes her head out of her room and gives me a funny look.

"Clint doesn't have tracking on me..." I look through the data and realize, "Katherine Elizabeth Bishop. You put tracking in my glasses?"

"...Maybe," she walked over to the couch and plopped down. I followed her and grabbed the remote, sitting down next to her. Well, she was sort of kneeling, facing the couch rather than the TV.

"I'll forgive you if we can watch something other than that documentary about Captain America," I grin as she turns around, giving me an angry yet shocked look before groaning.

"Fine, but does it have to be a horror movie?" 

"Yes," 

"I hate you," 

"I hate you too, sweetheart," I glance over at her, and see her turn noticeably red. "So, how does Serial Killer Holocaust sound?" I joke.

"(Y/N)!" 

"I'm kidding I'm kidding! The Conjuring it is," 

"Still scary as shit," she crosses her arms and shifts further away from me, towards the other end of the couch.

"That's just because you're a little bitch," I press play and get up to turn off the lights.

"Where are you going?" she sounds a little too scared now.

"Just turning off the lights," I try not to laugh, she really was a coward when it came to horror movies. As if she doesn't fight monsters with a fucking bow and arrow all the time. I hit the lights and lock the door, glancing over at Kate, seeing her eyes still locked on me. I couldn't tell if it was because she didn't want to watch the TV or not though.

"Hey-wait, we have to patch these cuts up-guess no horror movie, oh no. what will we do," as soon as I sit back down, she tries to find another excuse. 

"Well, mine are just a few bruises and a bloody lip, I can live without treatment. Yours, however" she flinches as I run my finger over the cut in her forehead. "-yeah we're gonna need to bandage that," I put my hand on her leg to stop her from getting up before I can. "No, you stay and enjoy the movie, I'll get the stuff," I watch the look on her face go from relief to flustered to annoyed. I got up and walked into the kitchen, you know, where everyone keeps their medical supplies. I reached up to the shelf on top of the kitchen and heard Kate let out a snicker behind me. I turned to see her staring at me, silently laughing her ass off. "Is my height funny to you, Katherine?" I raise an eyebrow and turn back around, climbing on top of the counter with ease. I grabbed the bandages and bacitracin. Jumping down from the counter, I looked up only to realize Kate had still been watching me the whole time.

"What, I was just-"

"Turn back around and watch the movie, Bishop," I grab some paper towels as well and walk back over to the couch. I set the stuff down on the coffee table and look at the movie. Already at the part where the dog dies? Damn. I hear Kate whimper as they show the dog's body on the ground-I've always been more of a cat person. "Okay," I turn to Kate and turn her face towards me. Grabbing the bacitracin, I shifted closer to her, making her ears burn bright red. Reaching into my back pocket, I pulled out my glasses and put them on with one hand, the drop of ointment on my other hand. 

I lightly grabbed Kate's chin, pulling it down while also pulling her a little closer to me. She flinched as I began to rub the bacitracin into the cut. 

"Easy there, love," my gaze shifted down to meet hers for a moment. When I looked back up, her skin turned as red as the fresh blood in her cut. 

I reached back to grab the bandages, only to be pulled back up before I could reach them. Kate had grabbed me by the collar of my shirt, and now our lips were locked. She didn't taste like strawberries this time, she tasted like smoke. Oddly hot. My thoughts disappeared as she started to take control and get on top of me, taking her jacket off. "Katie-" I unintentionally whimper as her lips left mine, starting to trail down my neck, to my now fast-moving chest, trying to catch my breath. Slowly, she made her way back up, finally putting her lips back on mine, picking me up off the couch. I began to plant kisses on her neck as she carried me to my bedroom. She opened the door with one hand and somehow held me in the other. I whined as she set me down on my bed and started walking away, thinking she was leaving me just as she did that night after the trip to the bar. She walked to the door, closing it and putting a chair under the knob. She grabbed a blanket from my laundry basket and set it at the bottom of the door, stuffing it through the crack. I tilted my head, raising my eyebrows as she turned back around smirking. 

"Wouldn't want anyone to hear you, now would we, princess."