Ch. 4

After you talked with your brother you saw Mirabel and Antonio coming down some stairs, so you decided to join her. "Hey!" you said, waving to Antonio and Mirabel. "Hi, I'm just bringing Antonio to his family. Wanna come?" Mirabel asked. You nodded and joined them. Antonio smiled at you, and the three of you continued down the stairs to meet with his family. You saw the boy in the ruana and you had that strange feeling again. Once he noticed you starting he smirked and winked at you. You simply rolled your eyes playfully and shook your head with a smirk.

Once Antonio's parents and siblings left, you and Mirabel shared a hug, "Don't worry Mira." you reassured her, "Remember, you're just as special as anyone else." you said calmly, Mirabel hummed with a smile and you went out to stand with your brother. After Alma gave her speech, the flower curtains moved aside and the spotlight was on Antonio. Everyone clapped for him, he looked back and held out his hand for someone to walk with him. Once Mirabel came out from behind the curtain, her family and many other people were confused while you were happy. Mirabel had the courage to walk with her little cousin. When Antonio reached for the doorknob he hesitated then followed through. The door glowed bright, it had worked, Antonio had gotten a gift! Soon a toucan landed on his arm and he started to talk to it. Not long after, a bunch of animals came into the house.

Once you got into his room, you were shocked. It was huge! One of the kids even yelled, "It's bigger on the inside?!" It was one of the girls from earlier that morning. Alma gathered the family for a photo, well almost all of them. Mirabel was standing by looking upset. The camera clicked and you wanted to make sure Mirabel was alright. "You okay Mirabel?" you asked, trying to comfort her. "Yeah, yeah. I'm okay, I just need to get out of the crowd for a bit." She stated as she put on a fake smile. "Okay." you nodded. You understood how she was feeling, besides you didn't want your brother worrying about where you were.

As you just simply stood by a wall drinking punch you saw people dancing, you saw the boy in the ruana dancing with his family, you couldn't help but smile at the sight. You quickly stopped when someone greeted you. "Hello." the person greeting you said. You looked to your side and saw a nice-looking boy about two years older than you. He had a British accent and he had brown hair, it was long, but not too long. "Hi." You managed. "I'm Erin," he said whilst bringing your hand close to his mouth. "Uhm, I'm (Y/N)," you said as he kissed your hand then let it back down. "That's a beautiful name." The English boy said. He had a calming deep-ish voice and icy blue eyes. "It's almost as beautiful as you yourself." He stated with a smirk. "Thanks," you said with a tint of blush on your light brown skin. "I like your accent. It's cute," you said with a smile. Erin's eyes widened a bit as he blushed, "Gee... thanks. Usually people make fun of it." he confessed. "Well I think it's adorable!" you said reassuring him that his accent wasn't a bad thing. "Thank you, you're too kind," he said.

You two shared a laugh. "So how does an English boy wind up in Colombia?" you asked wondering where he was from. "Well, my mom's from England and my dad was from New Mexico. After my mother had me, she had left me and my dad in New Mexico," Erin said as he slowly started to frown, "On a day some girl was getting her 'superpower' or something, there was an attack. I was sent away to go live in England with my mom, and she kicked me out after I turned 18." he confessed with a frown on his face. You frowned for a minute, but then your eyes widened. You didn't realize until a second after he said it but he was at your 'gift' ceremony. 

Author's note: Hello!!! Sorry, it's late! I try to get at least one chapter posted a day. This one was a bit rushed so it's going to be a bit short. Sorry if it's too short for ya! (Sorry for any spelling or grammar errors!) [And yes! I did draw the picture at the top! :D]