Ch. 5

"Wait." you said with a serious voice, "That was my ceremony!" you said loudly, but not loud enough to get attention from anyone other than Erin who was now wide-eyed. "Well, how do I know you aren't lying to me?" He asked, squinting his eyes a bit. You rolled your eyes and dragged him under one of the tables. You held out your hand and there was a flame on it. Erin's eyes widened once more. "Wait a sec, then that means Carlos is still around right?!" He asked with desperate eyes. You simply smiled and nodded, "Follow me," you said with a smile. He followed you out from under the table and to your brother, it didn't take long because he was dancing with new friends he made at a party he had one time. "Carlos!" you shouted, "Look who I found!" you said as you pointed at Erin. "Hey there Carlos. It's been a while." Erin waved at Carlos as he stood there stunned. "I thought you didn't make it. I thought you were dead-" Carlos started but decided to stop because he was just happy that a good friend of his was okay. "Yeah, well I'm alive and well! And I can see that you and your sister are too!" He said as he chuckled. You left and let the two catch up.

You decided to go back and sit on the floor against the wall with another cup of punch in your hands. You took small sips while you watched people dance and have fun. You weren't much of a dancer, that's why you were just sitting on the floor. "Hey there." A boy said. You looked up and saw the boy in the ruana. "Oh, hi," you said as you waved. "Mind if I join you?" He asked with a gentle smile on his face. "Sure!" you said with a smile on your face as you patted the spot on the floor next to you. "Thanks," he said as he sat down, "your (Y/N), right?" he asked with a curious face. "Yep! That's me! How did you know my name though?" you asked in the nicest way possible. "Mirabel talks about you a lot, also I've seen you with her, so I just put two and two together and boom!" he said as he made childish motions and faces. You both shared a laugh, "well I guess that makes sense," you said while laughing. An odd silence grew between the two of you, and just as Camilo was about to break that silence, you heard Mirabel, "The house is in danger!" She yelled, "The house is in danger!" she yelled once more as she explained to Alma, "The tiles were falling, and there were cracks everywhere," Mirabel desperately explained, "and the candle almost went out." Mirabel said with a look of worry on her face. "Show me," Alma said with a serious look on her face. As everyone went out to see what was going on, people were gasping and murmuring. But there was nothing. No cracks, no fallen tiles. 

You saw Mirabel try to tell Alma that it was true but Alma just held up a hand then turned around. "There is nothing wrong with La Casa Madrigal!" She yelled with a proud look on her face, "The magic is strong!" she shouted with her arms in the air, "and so are the drinks." she said with a smirk getting a small laugh from the crowd. "Don't worry about it," Camilo said, "let's just go back inside," he said with a worried look on his face. "Okay," you agreed as you saw Mirabel stand there embarrassed. You went back inside and tried to go back to sit on the floor but Camilo stopped you. "Where are you going, Chula?" he asked with a smirk. "I'm going to sit down," you said as you rolled your eyes playfully. "Come on! Let's dance!" Camilo said as he held out a hand for you to grab. "No thanks, I'm not a very good dancer-" you started, but Camilo rolled his eyes and grabbed your hand, "It's just a simple waltz," he said as slow music started to play, "just follow my steps, okay?" He said as your fingers intertwined with his. "Okay," you said with a tint of blush, "just don't blame me when I step on your foot okay?" you said with a giggle. Camilo let out a small chuckle as you two danced.

After a few dances with Camilo, you decided it was time to go. You were getting tired anyway. "I've gotta go home now," you said to Camilo, "thanks for the fun time." You said as you kissed him on the cheek, leaving him in shock. You gave him a little wave and walked to find Mirabel to say goodbye. But you couldn't find her, so you just decided to find Carlos and go. Once you got to your room, you realized what you had done. You had just kissed a boy on the cheek, and you didn't even notice. It was hard to fall asleep that night because all you could think about was the boy in the ruana.

Author's note: Hello!!! We are finally getting to the good stuff!!! :D Sorry it's kinda short, it was a bit rushed again. It's really fun making these. Lol Anyways, thanks for reading! (Sorry for any spelling or grammar errors!)