chris - you had a bad day

Chris repeatedly checked the clock on his phone, waiting for the time he knew you would be out of school/work.

As soon as the time struck, he pressed your contact on his phone and rang you.

You picked up immediately, needing nothing more in this moment than to hear his voice.

"HI Y/N! I missed you." He spoke through the phone.

"Hey chris, I missed you more." You replied, the exhaustion from your day breaking through in your tone despite you trying to hide it.

"You okay? You sound upset." He said, worried.

"Yeah I'm okay I guess, I don't know I just need you." You gave in, knowing that leaning on your boyfriend would be the only thing to make you feel better right now.

"Come over sweetheart, I'll look after you okay? We can talk and I'll help you." He replied immediately.

"I'm on my, thank you baby." You said, hanging up the phone to walk to his house that was only a few minutes away.

Once you arrived, matt was downstairs and let you in, gesturing you up to chris's room.

You knocked on his door and he opened it straight away. His arms opened for you to fall into, and that's exactly what you did.

You let yourself ferl the warmth and comfort of his hug, and you could feel the torments of your day start to fade away.

He held you there, knowing you just needed some peace and quiet, and him, to feel better.

He only let go once you had, taking your hand instead and guiding you over to his bed, where he laid down and pulled you with him.

"C'mere, I've got you." He spoke softly as he let you cuddle into him. Chris was lightly stroking your hair, comforting you more by the second.

"I'm here, yeah? Whatever it is that's bothering you I'm here, there's no pressure to talk about it if you don't want to but if you feel like you do, I'm here to listen baby." Chris whispered.

"Thank you love, its just been so hard recently. There's so much going on and so much stress and way too many deadlines and I'm working so so hard but I feel like I'm getting nowhere." You stumbled out, pausing and sighing because you could barely get control of what you were saying.

"It's okay, take your time." He said, willing you to continue.

"I just can't do it." You finished, figuring you had said enough.

Chris went silent for a moment, taking in what you had said and hoping that he wouldn't say anything to make it worse.

"Baby, I'm so sorry that's it's been so hard for you, I'm sorry that you're so tired. But you can do it okay? I promise. Your hard work will pay off, there's no doubt about that. Be gentle with yourself okay my love? It sounds like you need to rest from it all for a little while, to get yourself back to a place where you feel in control again." He reassured you.

"Yeah you're right, thank you babe. There's just so much to do in not enough time." You sighed, thankful for your boyfriend but unsure on how you would ever deal with everything.

"How about this; tommorow I'll help you make a plan okay? We'll find a way to fit everything in, with plenty of breaks too. For tonight, just relax please, you deserve it." He suggested.

"Okay yeah good idea, thank you for understanding bub." You replied.

"Always, y/n. I just want you to be okay and feel okay and happy, I hate seeing you upset." He said, a sad edge to his voice. It was true, he really cared about you.

"That means everything to me. All I wanted today was to be here with you, I feel so much better already because of this." You spoke, smiling up at him.

"Awe well I'm glad to hear that, is there anything I can do for you?" He asked.

"Just hold me, please." You replied.

"Of course angel, I've got you."