chris - boy next door

You sat inside your house watching TV, when you heard a few vans pull up outside, and went to look out the window to see what's happening.

Turns out there were a couple of moving vans parked outside the house next door, along with a minivan.

New neighbours? You wondered who they were, but decided to give them some time to settle in. You'd go round later and see if they needed anything.

It was the evening now, and you'd given them most of the day to unpack a little and get adjusted, so you figured you'd pop round and introduce yourself.

You walked round and knocked on their door. It soon opened, answered by two boys who looked around your age. They looked really similar, twins?

"Hi! I'm y/n, I live next door. I saw that you moved in and wanted to say hi!" You smiled at them, trying not to get distracted by how gorgeous they were.

"Hey! Yeah today's our first day here, nice to meet you." They smiled back.

"I'm nick, this is chris. We have two other brothers and our parents are here too, they're inside somewhere." Nick continued.

You were pretty sure that you'd just caught chris trying to subtly check you out and tried your best not to blush.

"Oh cool! You two twins?" You asked, pretty sure they were but wanted to check.

"Triplets! Us and matt." Chris said.

"Woah that's awesome! So you do like it here so far?" You wondered.

"Yeah I like it! Haven't seen much of it yet but I can't wait to get to know more of this place." Chris replied.

"Are you free now? No pressure but I'm down to show you around any time." You offered, wanting to spend some time with these boys. And fine, maybe you really wanted to get to know chris more.

"Yeah! I'd love that, you coming, nick?" Chris replied.

Nick paused before answering, looking between the two of you, a small smile resting on his lips.

"Thanks for the offer, y/n, but I'm really tired from today. Maybe tomorrow?" He said, trying to keep a straight face.

"Definetly! I hope you have a great night nick!" You said, before he closed the door, leaving just you and chris standing on his doorstep.

"Guess it's just us then." He shrugged, a grin on his face.

"Not a bad thing, let's go!" You smiled, grabbing his hand and leading him further away from his house.

You led him around the 'key' places of the town, places that you thought would be useful to him. You were talking and laughing the whole time, turns out chris was really funny and you loved learning about him family and how it was in their old area. He was loving listening to you too, wanting to know what you thought about this place, and secretly adoring hearing your voice.

But now it was time to show him your favourite place.

"Where we going?" Chris asked, noticing that you were leading him into the middle of nowhere.

"You'll see." You smirked, dragging him to your destination.

He playfully rolled his eyes at you.

You walked for a while, until you arrived.

The trees, the brick-red, half falling apart bridge overlooking a small stream. It was just perfect. Not the only perfect thing here though.

"Wow- shit this is beautiful, how'd you find this?" He exclaimed. Eyes searching around, taking the beauty in.

"I haven't shown anyone this before." You said, only realising how willing you'd been to show him this after only knowing him for an hour.

"Really?"

"Yeah." You nodded, taking him over to the old tree trunk you liked to sit on when you cake here.

You both sat down, overlooking the stream.

"Why?" Chris asked quietly, looking over at you.

You sent him a confused look, not sure what he was asking.

"This place, you've never shown anyone it. Yet you showed me." He explained.

"Oh, honestly, I don't know. Just felt like it. My body just sorta led me here.

He nodded, "I get you. I'm honoured, by the way. This is really, really beautiful."

"Like you." He continued, looking down until he finished speaking.

"Like you, you mean." You replied, blushing.

He laughed, putting his arm round your shoulders and pulling you a tiny bit closer.

You went along with it, letting yourself lean into him.

You sat in silence for a few minutes, watching as the sun set.

"Thank you." Chris said.

"For what?"

"Showing me around, even to your special place. I was worried about moving and ever feeling at home somewhere else. But you've made me feel so much more relaxed here." He smiled softly at you.

"No problem, I'm glad that you feel more comfortable." You replied.

"So cute." He muttered under his breath, barely audible. You pretended not to hear it.

It was later now, and you walked chris back home, knowing he was probably tired and wouldn't want to stay out too long.

"Thanks again, y/n, this was one of my favourite nights, ever." He smiled.

"You're more than welcome, I loved it. I'll see you tomorow?" You checked.

"No doubt about it. See you tomorrow darling."