matt - late night drive

You were sleeping over at the triplets house, laying next to your boyfriend matt, who was sleeping peacefully.

You'd been tossing and turning for hours, you just couldn't sleep. There was no particular reason, you just found it difficult to sleep sometimes, and matt knew this.

You laid there restlessly, debating on whether or not to wake him up. He had told you countless times that he wouldn't mind, but you still felt bad. He needed his sleep and you didn't want to ruin that.

Another half an hour had past, and it was starting to really frustrate you. As the tears started to form in your eyes, you gave in, needing him.

"Matt?" You whispered, gently shaking his shoulder.

It didn't take much for him to wake up. "Y/n? Baby you okay?" He said groggily, sleep filling his voice. You smiled, relieved to have him with you.

"I'm okay I just can't sleep. I've been trying for hours." You replied quietly, trying to control your voice and hold back the sobs that you could feel approaching. "I'm sorry for waking you up, I just really need you." You continued.

He sat up with you, bringing you into his arms and holding you close. You relaxed into him, feeling comforted by his embrace.

"Would you like to go on a drive, sweetheart? I know that it helps you feel sleepy sometimes." He asked.

You smiled up at him. The way that he cared enough about you to pay attention to what helps you sleep made you so happy, he was so sweet. "If that's okay? I'd love to." You replied.

"Of course! It's no problem my love." He said, offering you his hand and leading you to the mini-van.

You both climbed in, and he turned your favourite music on quietly.

He didn't let go of your hand, even whilst driving he kept holding on, resting both your hands on his thigh.

"Any reason why you were up baby?" He asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Not really, just restless I guess. I'm tired but I just couldn't fall asleep." You replied.

"That's okay! I understand, I'm sorry you couldn't sleep but I hope this helps." He said with a smile, lightly squeezing your hand with his.

"Thank you for this baby, it means so much to me. I'm sorry for waking you." You said.

"No no don't be sorry angel, its okay I promise. I said I don't mind and I mean it, I'd always much rather you woke me up than lay there anxious and be exhausted the next day. It's always okay to wake me up, okay?" He reassured you.

"Matt that means everything to me, thank you darling." Your replied, still half stunned by his sweet words.

"Anytime baby." He responded. "Feeling sleepy yet?"

"Very, this helped so much." You smiled, feeling half asleep.

"Let's get you home and into bed yeah?" He suggested.

He got no response, you had began drifting off to sleep.

Matt chuckled, glad that you were finally getting some rest.

Once you'd arrived back at his house, he gently carried you out of the car and back upstairs to his bedroom, trying his best not to disturb your sleep.

He laid you down on his bed and made sure you were snuggled up warmly in the blankets.

"Goodnight sweetheart, I love you." He whispered, kissing your forehead.