Eight | Shibari

"What do you mean you need to leave?"

Sylvie sat in Elias' lap while Kian packed a small bag on their bed.

"Only for the day," he assured her. "I'll gather the rest of my belongings from storage, and I'll be back before you know it."

Sylvie stared up at Elias' stern face and jiggled into him. "You think it's safe for him to go out there alone? Through those winding roads and forests. What if he gets attacked?"

Kian tutted. "I'm a trained warrior, princess. I'll be fine. Besides, if anything happens, I'll portal back here. The whole house is warded from every creature you can think of now."

She humphed and pressed her back into her other mate's chest. His silence unnerved her. Ever since he returned that morning, he hadn't spoken more than two sentences to her, just gruff sounds, one-word commands and a lot of gentle manhandling.

"Is it selfish of me just to want us all together for one fucking day?" How was she supposed to tell them everything if they kept ditching her? Elias refused to hear anything of her abduction, claiming he just wanted to be near her before her story forced him to murder every creature that touched her. While one of those beings maybe deserve it, the other might not. Which one was which was another issue entirely.

Kian shook his head with a lopsided smile. "I'll be back tonight; then we can all have time together. I promise I wouldn't leave you if it weren't important."

She grunted at that, squirming and crossing her arms. Elias' grip around her waist tightened, and she sighed, relaxing into him. Even without words, his message was clear. Stop squirming.

The slight stiffening of his cock beneath her thin shorts made her want to wriggle more. But instead, she settled for a subtle kegel and hoped he could feel how she throbbed on him as they watched Kian zip his bag.

The thick length of him pressing against her sex proved her wishes coming true, and she pressed her lips to hide a smile. Kian's knowing smirk warmed her as he pressed a kiss to her temple and strode from the door. "See you tonight."

"See you," she called after, waiting for the telltale start of Kians' Harley. She only learned he had one the day before, and she only felt comfortable with him using it because of his fae heritage. Those things were death traps for humans.

As the roaring and pop-pop-pop of the motorcycle faded from earshot, Elias moved, flipping Sylvie on the bed and hovering above her.

He stared at her face in silence for an unbearable few seconds before his face scrunched, and he stood.

"Every time I look at you, I see my failure to protect you."

"Elias-"

"No." He buried his hand in the long dark curls covering his forehead and paced the length of the bed as she sat and stared at him.

"This is why I wanted to tell you what happened this morning-"

"I can't right now. If I hear it, I'll lose myself. I don't know what I'll do."

Sylvie slid from the bed and walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his waist. "I'm right here. I'm back home and safe because of you and Kian."

"You wouldn't have been in the position if I hadn't been a fucking fool, leaving you unprotected."

"Elias-"

"I should've torn their heads from their bodies-"

"Elias! Stop!" She startled herself as she craned her head towards her mate. "Do you think I'm some pathetic damsel?"