Thirty-four | Plan

"No fucking way."

"I'm not asking."

Elias' clenched knuckles looked ready to punch through solid silver as Sylvie relayed her plan, rolling the tiny purple vial between her fingers.

Kerensa chuckled from her chair. "It's a good plan."

"It's suicide."

"Puh-lease," Kerensa shot back. "He wouldn't hurt your pet."

"You don't know him," Elias growled, slamming his hand against the bed's canopy beams.

"He's right," Kian said, taking Sylvie's hand. "We could never put you in that situation."

Rowan remained silent, but his eyes lingering on her neck proved he shared the other men's sentiments.

"None of you have a choice. I'm doing this, and you can either help me or stay out of the way." Sylvie crossed her arms after speaking and humphed.

Elias shoved Kian aside and wrapped his hand around her neck, his fangs baring. "Or I could tie you to this bed and find them myself."

"Did you scent them? Or hear them? Did any of you?"

Noone replied besides Rowan's subtle headshake. "You mindlinked."

"It's impossible," Elias growled. "That magic doesn't exist here."

"Well, you're wrong this time. I felt them. And I can do this. Please just trust me on this. I won't let you down."

Elias's grip on her softened, and he pressed his forehead to hers. "This is not about trusting you, Sylvie. It is about your safety."

"Then help me. Stay hidden in the shadows, and step in if my plan fails."

"He would sense us. And his guards wouldn't be far."

She sighed, rubbing her nose against Elias' before pulling back.

"I'll be okay. Trust me. I need to do this now before nightfall."

"And say we do find the shifters, how will we get back to the earth realm? How will we open a portal big enough to get them through?" Kerensa stated bluntly from the corner. "The next solar event is days away. We won't have enough juice to travel, let alone with years worth of kidnapped shifters."

Sylvie groaned as Elias moved back to the window. "We'll find a way! We'll free them and hide somewhere until the eclipse."

"You want to hide outside, where the turned hunt?" Rowan asked sceptically.

Sylvie's mouth dropped open in exasperation. "Don't you want to save them!"

"Of course I do, but finding them is only the first issue. Kerensa is right. We should wait."

Elias sighed, drawing Sylvie's attention, and he clenched his jaw a few times. "The thought of his hands on you...." he trailed off as his knuckles turned bone white, fists ready to punch through walls. "For this to work, he needs to believe you want him."

"I think he does-"

"No. Hayes' first instinct is always mistrust. He would more likely drain you and leave you for dead outside my door than meet you in the kitchens like a lover."

His mouth twitched at the last word, and his gaze darted to Kian before tension ebbed from his massive shoulders.

"If this were to work, you'd need to seduce him. He needs to think I don't have control over you, and you need to look breakable."

"Well-" Sylvie pressed her lips together to stifle a chuckle but thought better of it when Elias raised his brow.

Maybe he had some control over her, but not as much as he thought. "I have a few ideas of how we can trick him."