chapter 126

"What the hell." Lu Mao spat on the mud, frowned and cursed while holding up the mobile phone in his hand: "This is a poor country, and there is no signal at all, so how can you report to the boss?

" While talking, a few drops of cold liquid suddenly fell from the top of his head. Lumao looked up and saw that there was a hole in the roof of the tile house, and the rain was pouring down.

Lumao was even more angry, and scolded the small mountain village all over the place. Finally, thinking of Xia Tian who had run away, he unceremoniously greeted the other party's ancestors, but Chen Waizui, who had been sitting by the bed, said : "Okay, don't talk about it like a bitch, quickly pack up your things and prepare to go."

"...Let's go? Brother Chen, are you kidding me?" Lumao said in surprise: "I haven't received the money yet, Where are we going? Can Boss Hu spare us when we go back? He was still there when he left in the afternoon, and now he went back and told him that he lost it, and only received half of the money..."

Chen Weizui interrupted him, " Money shit! What money do you need if you're dying!"

Lu Mao still didn't move, and asked strangely: "What life and money, Chen Waizui, what the hell are you playing?" "Don't worry about it

, hurry Pack up and leave."

The thunderstorm roared outside the house, and the two people inside the house stared at each other, neither of them would give in. After such a stalemate for a while, seeing the green hair standing upright in the middle of the room but not moving, Chen Waizui sighed, put the package in his hand aside, and slowly started talking, and sang a weird nursery rhyme when he opened his mouth.

"The ditch of the dead, hook the dead... There are nine hundred and ninety-nine graves piled up, and there is one more buried person."

For some reason, after Chen Waizui opened his mouth, Lumao vaguely heard some other voices following Chen Wai Singing together, the source of the voice seemed to be in the room, and when Chen Waizui finished singing, the voice stopped abruptly.

Lumao looked around the room. The village head specially let them rest in this room. Except for him and Chen Waizui, there were no traces of other people, as if the sound just now came from the ground, from the four walls, and from the air. , and finally gathered together strangely, and finished singing the nursery rhyme with Chen Waizui's hoarse voice.

Lumao suspected that his head was dizzy and his hearing was blurred, but his body shivered involuntarily. He quickly asked what kind of weird place the dead man's ditch sang in this nursery rhyme, why had he never heard of it?

Chen Waizui shook his head, and said, "You are a foreigner, and it is normal not to know that this is normal. Nowadays, not many people here even know about the dead man's ditch.

" Tell Lumao fifty-fifty. After listening to Chen Waizui's narration, Lumao was also a little confused, but he was not a local after all, and he survived by stealing chickens and dogs when he was a child. For nursery rhymes, he cares more about how much money he can get this time. After all, the human pigs brought this time are very energetic. Although they may be a little older, the village chief is willing to pay a good price.

He has been eyeing a new mobile phone for a long time, and he is waiting for this time to take the commission to pick up the goods in the store-and he must give it to the salesperson who wears black stockings and rolls his nostrils to the sky every time he sees him. take!

Thinking of this, Lumao raised his elbow and bumped Chen's crooked mouth: "Old Chen, it would be pitiful for those two turtle sons to die underground in the valley. Why don't we go find them? While it's dark and raining, Also avoid the eyes of those villagers."

Chen squinted his eyes and scolded: "Are you so kind? I don't know you kid? You want to find someone perfect and then go to the village chief to get money, right? ?"

Lumao chuckled, without explaining.

"You kid want to dig something out of the dead man's ditch? Do you have anything to do with the guy with the knife and the gun?" Chen cocked his mouth and shook his head, reaching for the burden thrown on the bed, "I tell you, today's trip Even if we ran away for nothing and went back to find other goods, whether this human pig is dead or alive has nothing to do with us."

The green hair became impatient, and pressed Chen Waizui's hand again and again, "What if the old village chief took his own people to fish for the child? We ran this trip so hard, but we didn't catch half of it. If such a good product is put in, can Boss Hu spare us when we go back? Think about what happened to Lao Zhou last time..."

Chen Weizui frowned and did not refute this.

Seeing this, Lumao quickly took out a cigarette from his trouser pocket and handed it to Chen Weizui's mouth, then took out the lighter and lit it carefully for the other party, "Brother, it's not that brother money is obsessed with this matter, do you still remember the afternoon?" What did the village chief say? 'If you want to see a person, you need to see a dead body'. Just now I glanced at the window, and I vaguely saw a few people wearing bamboo hats walking up the mountain road, what do you say , is it that the village chief wants to find someone to hide in the dark, we don't know at that time, the deposit must be refunded to him." He raised his right hand and twirled his thumb and index finger, "That's not a small amount, the boss is afraid Let our two brothers bleed!"

Chen Weizui immediately gave a "bah", "I have worked so hard to get this blood?"

"Brother Chen, don't get angry, don't get angry." Go up, "So I said, why don't we go and have a look... In case they are really looking for someone and they find it again, can't we save trouble? Besides, there is only one way out of the mountain. Just go down the mountain."

Chen Weizui took a deep puff of his cigarette and threw the cigarette end on the ground, "Forget it, follow up and see, if they dare to cheat, don't blame us for not talking about it." Morality."

Probably because the downpour came and went quickly, when Xia Tian woke up, he couldn't hear the sound of the rain.

He opened his eyes and stared blankly at the jagged rocks above his head for a while before he came back to his senses, then he sat up straight suddenly and looked around.

This is a dark cave, and the whole cave is filled with a rotten and damp atmosphere. Xia Tian's clothes were already soaked from the shower, and it became more sticky, and he moved uncomfortably. Only then did he recall the situation before he fell into the valley.

That child...Xia Tian looked up and saw that there was no one else in the cave, but not far away, there were countless pale green light spots flashing on the pitch-black ground. With a palm, I couldn't help shivering slightly.

As a fox, he knows the pupils of beasts best, so he is very clear that those green dots are countless eyes. When these eyes light up, there are also countless whispers in the dark cave The reverberation seemed like countless people lowered their voices and whispered hurriedly in their ears, which made Xia Tian feel uncomfortable for a while. He slowly stretched his hand to his mouth and bit the skin of his index finger violently.

A few drops of blood were sprinkled in front of him, the green eyes disappeared, and all the voices also disappeared, as if nothing had happened before. Before Xia Tian could breathe a sigh of relief, there was another extremely subtle sound in his ears. The sound of rubbing sounds like the footsteps of something walking on the ground.

Without giving Xia Tian any time to react, those green eyes appeared again, this time they were very close, almost level with Xia Tian's fingertips hanging in front of him.

They are clustered together, and their glowing green eyes are like small lanterns, illuminating each other. This time, Xia Tian saw their appearance clearly - or rather "they".

Just looking at their bodies, they all seem to be about the size of a child of two or three years old, but their skin is brown, and there are many vertical and horizontal grooves on the skin all over their bodies, just like tree bark. It's a bit scary, but Xia Tian has seen such a creature on Fulian Mountain before. If nothing else, it should be a group of little tree spirits.

"It's him." A small voice sounded, Xia Tian followed the prestige, and couldn't help but smile wryly—it seemed that he really shouldn't show kindness to people other than the owner.

The one who made the sound was the child Xia Tian was carrying on his back. At this moment, like the other children around him, his green eyes lit up, and his broken hands and feet also recovered, but the joints became countless dangles. He raised a hand and pointed at Xia Tian from a distance, "He is the bride."

Xia Tian was thinking in his mind that this child was a little tree spirit. When he was on Fulian Mountain, he had heard that tree spirits were the most harmless. No wonder he didn't notice something was wrong for a while. But at this moment, after hearing what the little tree spirit said, he laughed out of anger, bride? Whose bride is it? He is no one's bride but the master.

However, the group of strange little tree spirits didn't know what was going on in his heart. They swarmed up and lifted Xia Tian from the ground in a daze, and then surrounded him and walked out of the cave.

Xia Tian also wanted to see what they were going to do, not to mention that he had a faint feeling that these little tree spirits had no malicious intentions towards him, so he didn't struggle, but just remembered what Sheng Li said, "It is necessary to guard against others", His nerves were tense all the time, and if there was another change, he would immediately turn into a white fox and run away.

Except for the child who was carried by Xia Tian, ​​the other little tree spirits seemed unable to speak. They opened their mouths to discuss something, but what reached Xia Tian's ears was just a faint breath.

It was dark outside the cave, Xia Tian raised his head, and saw a towering ancient tree towering into the sky in front of him, with countless dangling roots moving without wind, Xia Tian looked around, but there was no trace of human habitation.

Is this still the valley where I just fell off the cliff?

Xia Tian was in a daze when suddenly thousands of birds chirped in his ears, and the chirps complemented each other in such a way that it didn't make people feel noisy at all.

Then, light blue flames lit up in an orderly manner from the front to the back of the ancient wood. The little tree spirits seemed to be very excited, and they carried Xia Tian and ran faster. They rushed into the woods without giving way at all. Xia Tian looked intently at those blue flames, and saw that there were cold light blue everywhere in the forest. Wherever the little tree spirits stepped, the flames would go out with a bang, and rise again immediately after they left. Together, a few flames even followed them not too far away, as if they were illuminating the way forward for them.

The little fox pursed his lips. He knew what it was. It should be the will-o'-the-wisp produced by the volatilization of human bones. This piece of ancient wood grows so luxuriantly, perhaps because the ground under its feet is full of well-nourished corpses.

Xia Tian's heart lifted slightly, and his fingertips quietly turned into sharp fox claws. Although his claws were not sharper than a blade, they could always protect himself when necessary.

The little tree spirits didn't know what he was thinking, they just carried him forward and ran all the way. After running out of the woods, an old house appeared in front of them. The word "Xia Zhai" is hung on the top, but it looks like the Marshal's Mansion where he once lived in Fengtai City.