chapter 155

Sheng Li and Xia Tian, ​​who were still on the mountain road, naturally didn't know about this scene that happened in Dead Man's Valley Village, but the little fox could clearly feel the disgusting aura spreading from the village.

Sheng Li looked up, and with his current spirit state, he could easily see the strong ghostly aura hovering over the village. Needless to say, they also knew that something happened in the village.

Several people in the ancestral hall watched the fat white caterpillar spin little by little to make a cocoon, and they were all shocked. This white cocoon has been enshrined in the ancestral hall for so many years. There is a larva.

But isn't this a reward from the mountain god? What did the mountain god reward them with this bug?

Qiangzi thought for a while, and suddenly his eyes burst into a dazzling light, and he said firmly: "It must be that the mountain god has long expected that there will be such a thing today, so there are white worms in the cocoon, once the white cocoon is damaged , the white worm can refill the white cocoon by itself!" He stared at the white worm that was spinning silk non-stop, as if in a daze, and the expression on his face was even more firm and irrefutable.

Infected by his emotions, several other young people who were a little flustered gradually calmed down. They were persuaded by Qiangzi's reason, and couldn't help thinking that they would be able to personally participate in the sacrifice of mountain gods. laughed.

They didn't know that every time the fat worm spit out a mouthful, a person in the village fell down, as if the flesh and blood had been sucked out of thin air, leaving only an empty human skin.

Panicked screams and grief-stricken cries gradually spread, even Qiangzi and others in the ancestral hall heard it. Qiangzi frowned, "What happened again?"

Qiangzi always felt that the two sacrifices bought from Boss Hu this time were simply the disaster of their dead people's ditch. First, the two escaped in the rain on the night of the sacrifice, and then they had to face Chen Waizui and Lumao. Then, unexpectedly, Zhuangzi was sent to the attendants of the mountain god by mistake, and now the mountain god's empress who came from nowhere forcibly took away the mountain god's tablet, and even attracted Boss Hu...

He stomped his feet angrily, and said to the rest of the people, "Go out and have a look!"

As soon as they walked out of the ancestral hall, they were stunned. I saw that the sky in front of me was dark and oppressive, and I thought it was black clouds, but I could tell when I looked closely, where there were black clouds, they turned out to be black butterflies the size of an adult's palm.

"Then... what is that?"

They have seen many wild animals in the mountains in Dead Man's Ditch. It's not that they haven't seen big butterflies, but one has never seen such a big one, and the other has never seen such a color. The weirdness was as thick as black ink, and the young people were a little panicked. Seeing the black formation of butterflies getting lower and lower and approaching them, they couldn't help feeling weak in their hands and feet for a while.

Qiangzi was also a little panicked, he didn't know why so many carnivorous butterflies came suddenly, and quickly shouted at the people around him: "Are any of you injured? Or is there blood on your body?" "...No!" Several

people All stunned by his question, they looked at their clothes and each other, but they didn't see any blood at all.

Just as they were talking, several carnivorous butterflies flew in the distance, and the shadow cast by them suddenly became heavier. At the same time, the crying and howling in the village increased again.

When Sheng Li and Xia Tian walked into the village, wailing could be heard everywhere at this moment. During this time, a carnivorous butterfly fluttered out of the courtyard. It seemed that it had developed a great interest in Xia Tian and wanted to suck his flesh and blood. However, he was overwhelmed by the ghostly aura on Xia Tian's body, and finally flapped his wings and flew towards the ancestral hall.

After a while, all the carnivorous butterflies flying around gathered together. They hovered over the ancestral hall for a while, and then swarmed into the ancestral hall.

Several people in the ancestral hall were frightened by the ferocious butterfly that was engulfed like a black dragon, and their legs became weak. Several big men actually sat down on the ground, covering their heads and covering their faces, for fear that the butterfly would climb onto their cheeks.

At this moment, Xia Tian and Sheng Li walked into the courtyard slowly under the midsummer sunlight. Qiang Zi and others couldn't see Sheng Li, but they saw Xia Tian's appearance of strolling in the courtyard. Raising his hand, he crushed a carnivorous butterfly into fly ash, and curled up with lingering fear, as if Xia Tian could not see himself by doing so.

Naturally, Xia Tian saw the people in the courtyard, so he ignored them, and just strode into the ancestral hall. Sure enough, as he and Sheng Li expected, these carnivorous butterflies were just like those in the courtyard before, and they regarded themselves as this white and fat butterfly. The nourishment for the caterpillars is only Xia Tian's time of walking these few steps. The ground has already been covered with a light layer of dead butterflies. The pure black butterflies have also dyed the ground a thick black, while the white worm obviously speeds up. The speed of spinning silk to make cocoons is now more than half that of white cocoons.

Xia Tian gently pinched Sheng Li's fingers, and said in a low voice: "If we hadn't killed that big butterfly earlier, this one probably wouldn't break out of its cocoon, right?"

Sheng Li said, "That's just right, otherwise If this cocoon hatches again after we leave, I'm afraid there will be more waves."

The white worm that was spinning obviously felt the pressure from Sheng Li's ghost pressure, and the speed of spinning silk was faster for a while, hoping Pan immediately wrapped himself up and hid himself, while the rest of the carnivorous butterflies who were still alive stopped in front of the white cocoon, apparently to cover it.

However, Sheng Li didn't pay attention to their tricks at all. He raised his finger and twisted it slightly, and a cluster of blue-green will-o'-the-wisps jumped out of his fingertips, shining with a strange light.

These carnivorous butterflies are obviously also very afraid of Sheng Li, but the white worm spinning silk is their only hope at the moment. The carnivorous butterflies can only have one butterfly king, and it will take at least a hundred years for the butterfly king to sleep in a cocoon and then break out of the cocoon to reproduce. This time It was originally Sheng Li and Xia Tian who killed them by surprise. The previous generation of butterfly kings were burned to death just after breaking out of their cocoons. This generation of butterfly kings had to wake up early and re-cocoon. If they die, the family of carnivorous butterflies will lose their butterfly king, and will soon become extinct.

The threat of death forced the carnivorous butterflies to fight back, but it was exactly in response to the words "moths to the fire". Wherever they flew, Sheng Li's will-o'-the-wisps would burn there, and the will-o'-the-wisps did not burn Foreign objects, even if the cunning carnivorous butterfly deliberately landed on the beam and wanted to use itself as a trigger to ignite the entire ancestral hall, thereby forcing Sheng Lixia Tian to retreat, the ghost fire seemed to be able to recognize foreign objects, and even clearly separated a line of fire. It only burns the meat and butterflies, but doesn't care about the others.

In just a short while, there was another thick layer of ashes in the ancestral hall, and the white worm hidden in the cocoon seemed to be infected by the scorching atmosphere. After the cocoon, it doesn't even suck the nutrients of other carnivorous butterflies, but just concentrates on making the cocoon.

"Overestimate one's abilities." Sheng Li sneered, and slowly walked towards Bai Chong. At this moment, there is no carnivorous butterfly that can protect White Chong with its body. .

Xia Tian disliked the disgusting corpse of the carnivorous butterfly, and refused to go forward, but Qiangzi and the others who had been frightened outside the door suddenly came back to their senses, they only saw a strange flame emanating from the side of the mountain goddess, and then The flames burned all the butterflies in the room, and right now, the flames approached the white cocoon little by little, obviously considering the other party as the next target.

"Mountain God! The reward of the mountain god!"

Compared with this "Mountain God Empress" whose origin is unknown, the mountain god's reward that they have enshrined in the ancestral hall for so many years is obviously more reliable. To try to make him stop.

How did they know that the will-o'-the-wisp wasn't made by Xia Tian at all, it was burned by the mountain god they had worshiped for so many years.

Xia Tian stood aside, watching several people rush towards him with fear on their faces, but it seemed that there was a barrier made of air between them, causing them to be bounced away when they hit, and fell down one by one. Ouch, it hurts like hell on the ground.

Xia Tian didn't have the slightest sympathy for them, and said that poor people must have something to hate. The people in the dead man's ditch are indeed pitiful as insect hosts without knowing it, but they bought innocent people from outside the mountain. The so-called "sacrifices" were performed by people.

Could they really not resist the instinct left by the carnivorous butterfly in their blood? Not necessarily, as soon as these carnivorous butterflies break through the crowd, they immediately regard themselves as nourishment and willingly feed them to the butterfly king. The villagers in the dead man's ditch probably don't know that this so-called "mountain god sacrifice" only needs the flesh and blood of living people, but it doesn't have to be The flesh and blood of people outside the mountain.

They are afraid of death and don't want to be devoured by carnivorous butterflies, so they buy people from outside the mountain to push them into the abyss of death. The reason why only the village head and a few people selected by him in Dead Man's Valley have been able to get in touch with the sacrificial matter over the years is probably because they have already understood this point.

Sheng Li walked up to the white cocoon, stretched out his hand to pinch the cocoon shell but did not move immediately, the white worm thought that Sheng Li hadn't noticed him, and the speed of weaving silk and cocoon became faster and faster, but when it was weaving to the top of its head and was about to The moment he was completely sealed, Sheng Li raised his hand and took the white worm out of the cocoon.

Seeing that the vitality was in sight but was ruthlessly shattered, even though the white worm had no power to resist but struggled desperately, Sheng Li glanced at it with disgust, and burned one of the carnivorous butterfly corpses on the ground into fly ash, And he himself held the cocoon shell in his hand and pinched it, with a look of satisfaction in his eyes.

This thing is invulnerable to water and fire, even my own will-o'-the-wisp can't burn half of it, but it can be used as a self-defense thing for my little fox.

Sheng Li took this thing and walked out of the ancestral hall together with Xia Tian under the eyes of Qiang Zi and others. Qiangzi wanted to stop Xia Tian, ​​but the other party just turned his head and gave him a cold look, and he froze on the spot. Although his hands and feet were not restrained, he was so scared that he didn't even dare to raise his hand.

After walking out of the ancestral hall, Sheng Li glanced at the green and green mountains in the distance, and said to Xia Tian: "If Xia Xia is afraid, close your eyes."

Xia Tian blinked and hugged Sheng Li back.

Sheng Li chuckled, and kissed the top of his hair, and then he raised his hand, and countless white bones slowly climbed up from the steep valley.

Now that the yin and yang realms are connected, these dead souls can naturally come out to revenge and revenge.