chapter 157 ↬ lai, the best fox, goes to bed

The back of the neck was gently picked up, and after dangling in the air for a while, Xia Tian felt that he had landed in a warmer and more comfortable place, surrounded by soft and smooth fur, which made him stretch his body and shake his tail.

As soon as he flicked his tail twice, he was held down by something. Xia Tian's back stiffened, and he subconsciously shrunk into a ball to protect his head. Only then did he suddenly realize that he seemed to have changed again. place.

In the last small world, although Sheng Li was limited by the rules of the small world, he was unable to recover his human body from the beginning to the end, but always acted in the form of a soul and spirit body, but it was probably due to the principle that the ebb and flow of each other hindered each other, Sheng Li Not only can they use ghost energy to drive ghosts, but they can also control the world more freely. The time the two stayed in the last small world was even more free. At the last moment, they leaned against each other and fell asleep together.

And Xia Tian was obviously in a state of deep sleep in this small world at the beginning, so he didn't even realize that he had changed another place for a while.

And...

still in this state.

His eyes had fully adapted to the darkness of the environment, and Xia Tian easily found that he was in the shape of a fox at the moment, lying in a dry cave, and the warm fur that surrounded him came from the same white fur fox as himself, and just now The one holding his own tail was a little fox who seemed to be only a few months old, and the blue film on the other's eyes had not faded.

Xia Tian raised his head. Due to what happened to him when he was a child on Fulian Mountain, he has always been insensitive to the foxes. He originally wanted to leave here, but the surrounding foxes seemed to like him very much, and they all rushed towards him desperately. He arched in the direction of the beast, and he did not hesitate to contribute the warmest and softest belly of the beast next to him, and made a slight cry.

Xia Tian was quite surprised. When he was on Fulian Mountain, the foxes he met, regardless of age, male or female, would only show contempt when they saw him, and even gather together to bully him. He had never encountered such a moment when he was so close to the same kind ?

In the next few small worlds, I don't know if it was a coincidence. Although he has seen many other beasts and even spirits, he has never met a fox. At that time, Xia Tian only felt lucky, but he didn't expect to meet this time.

He was quite surprised at the intimacy and coquettishness of these young foxes. He could feel that these milk foxes did not have the slightest malice towards him, and on the contrary they were quite close to him. However, he felt very uncomfortable. The back made a defensive posture, and even after finding a gap, he kicked his legs and jumped far away.

The only person he can approach and is willing to accept is Sheng Li. Even after he became very familiar with his relatives, other researchers and classmates in the small world, he always subconsciously kept a safe distance from them, and even more so. Not to mention turning into a fox now, that is something only the owner can hug.

However, in this jump, Xia Tian failed to jump to a clean bluestone slab in the distance as expected, and bumped into a big furry fox instead. Only now did he realize that his originally long limbs had shortened again, and even the sound of his voice became milky, no longer the clearness of the previous few small worlds.

The big fox also seemed to understand that he didn't want to get too close to other foxes. Although he didn't understand why this little cub was so independent, the big fox stepped back very gently, and then gently arched the tip of his nose. He arched Xia Tian's small body and signaled him to return to the group of foxes. It was freezing outside at the moment, and it was definitely not something a young fox cub could resist alone.

Xia Tian was a little anxious. He had become a milk fox for no apparent reason. He would inevitably think of what happened to Sheng Li in the last small world. He had an accident. What about the owner? Will the two be teased by the law of the small world as before, and will miss each other for a long time?

Thinking of this, Xia Tian couldn't help becoming more and more anxious. He originally wanted to jump over the big fox and jump out of the cave to find Sheng Li, but the big fox misunderstood his actions, thinking that the cub was curious about the outside world and wanted to go out to play So a few big white foxes blocked the entrance of the cave tightly together, and kept pushing him into the cave with the tip of their noses and claws, making a short and gentle cry from their throats, telling Xia Tian not to be self-willed.

However, although Xia Tian has shrunk into a milk fox for some reason, his body is still after he followed Sheng Li to temper his body and strengthen his bones. It can't make him feel uncomfortable, let alone it hasn't snowed yet, but the dry and cold weather is really hard to make Xia Tian feel uncomfortable.

He has this kind of ability, which other little foxes don't have. The fox cubs just feel that this brother's body is extraordinarily warm, so they especially want to get close to him, but Xia Tian stretches out his claws to push him away again and again, even a hair of his After there was no way to touch him, the other little fox cubs realized that he couldn't get close.

There was no other way, the fox cubs had no choice but to surround him not too far away, treating him like a fire to keep warm, this distance was acceptable to Xia Tian, ​​he had never felt the intimacy and love from his fellow clan, raised his head up He looked at the big foxes guarding the entrance of the cave to protect them from the cold wind, and lay back silently.

If he just ran out so rashly right now, judging by the posture of those big foxes, he would obviously follow him out and bring him back. He can resist the cold weather outside the cave, but the big foxes may not be able to resist for too long. Although they It also has thick fur, but after the collision just now, he also found that the big foxes had obviously been hungry for a long time, and their bodies hidden under the fur looked a bit thin, perhaps not as good as the little fox cubs in this cave. full.

There was a big fox to keep out the wind, and Xia Tian, ​​a self-heating little fox, was on the side to provide heat. A group of milk foxes slept dimly. The fox fell asleep, turned over and shook its paws in the air.

However, Xia Tian has never slept soundly. If it was the previous small worlds, he might wait until tonight to make plans, but when he thinks of the previous small worlds where he missed Sheng Li a few times, he feels pain in his heart. , he was thinking about the owner in his heart, and couldn't help but think about what Sheng Li was doing at the moment, how could he be able to sleep?

At this moment, a strange movement outside the cave suddenly reached Xia Tian's ears.

It was a bean-popping sound mixed in the bitter wind, and it was not noticeable at all. Even the big foxes at the entrance of the cave didn't notice this sudden but fleeting sound. If it wasn't for Xia Tian, ​​it would have been unusual. Fox, I'm afraid I can't hear it at all.

However, this sound immediately made Xia Tian tense his back involuntarily. The foxes might not know what it was, but he was very familiar with it. It was clearly the sound of a gunshot.

In the first small world, he almost died on the set because he couldn't tell the difference between a real gun and a fake gun. Later, in order to let him have the ability to defend himself, Sheng Li taught him how to shoot a gun and even gave him a gift. After that, although Xia Tian was not proficient in firearms, he had a necessary understanding.

And this gunshot was obviously made by a pistol. In this winter night forest, a pistol is undoubtedly the most convenient weapon used by poachers.

And the bunch of big and small white foxes in front of him is probably the favorite of poachers.

Xia Tian's heart trembled. Hearing that the gunshot was not very far from the entrance of the cave, and there was a hint of a hound in the wind. If he wanted to, he could easily find this cave full of foxes. When the time came, the big fox would escape It's easy, but the milk foxes in this cave can't resist the cold weather in the wild——

Xia Tian took another look at the big foxes who were hiding at the entrance of the cave very vigilantly. If they were found, these big foxes would not abandon them. The cub escaped alone.

He lay on the spot thinking for a while, struggling to think of a solution, but at this moment, the big foxes blocking the entrance of the cave began to take turns, and a few foxes that were originally blocked went out to replace the ones that were shivering from the cold. companion.

Xia Tian narrowed his eyes slightly to watch the foxes change their guard, feeling a little strange in his heart. He was thrown out of the fox group by his parents as soon as he was born. He didn't know what it was like for the foxes to gather together, but he once looked at the cave where the foxes lived in the distance when he was woken up by the cold wind in the middle of the night, and imagined in his mind that if he There, will you surround yourself with your brothers and sisters and lean against your parents to keep warm?

With no time to think, he tried his best to hide his figure and jumped out from the cub group, and then hid in the cave on the side where there was no light. He saw the gap where a few big foxes turned and walked away, and immediately went out like a bolt of lightning. rushed out.

He didn't practice Taoism very well, but he ran really fast. The big foxes just felt a breeze blowing by, and they didn't see what it was at all.

After Xia Tian ran out of the cave, he immediately jumped to a commanding height on a cliff. Taking advantage of the clear moonlight outside the cave to observe carefully, he saw a group of people sneaking up the mountain in the plain snow. Look at the fully armed state. , apparently poachers.

The group of people were on guard with their guns on their shoulders, and there were several ferocious hounds barking in front of them. A small animal in the snow was startled by the hounds, and was immediately followed by the poachers who had been waiting for a long time. kill.

Although there were already a lot of prey in the pockets dragged behind them, they obviously felt dissatisfied and kept urging the hounds to look for them again. His eyes narrowed slightly, revealing a bitter cold air.

At the moment, he looks like a milk fox with no external objects, so it is not convenient to transform into a human form, not to mention that it is more convenient to move in the form of a beast in the mountains and forests, although this group of poachers is worthless in Xia Tian's opinion mentioned, but he did not dare to take it lightly.

After all, he was bound by a Taoist companion contract, he and his owner had two lives, he didn't dare to let himself get hurt, otherwise Sheng Li would be implicated, and he might not have a place to cry.