Cԋαρƚҽɾ Tɯҽɳƚყ Eιɠԋƚ

Xiao Zhan maintained silence during the drive to his home. Xue Yang was driving the car while Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo sat behind.

Wang understood that something was very wrong with Xiao Zhan so he held Zhan's hand and asked, "Are you OK?"

Xiao Zhan pulled away his hand answering, "Just want to be alone."

"Why?" Yibo asked worried.

"I don't know." Xiao Zhan lied.

"Zhan, what's..."

"Second Master Wang, I am in no mood to speak." Xiao Zhan cut him off.

Wang Yibo sighed not understanding what was wrong with Xiao Zhan. He was worried for him.

-

Within almost thirty minutes, they reached Zhan's home and Xiao Zhan felt a little relieved seeing a familiar sight.

Before he could even get down from the car properly, Jiang Yanli came running.

"A-Zhan, you are here."

She hugged him and Zhan misses her warmth very much. He too hugged back.

"Did you miss me?" Xiao Zhan asked, trying not to show his sad face.

"Of course, how can I not miss my A-Zhan?"

Xiao Zhan smiled sheepishly when he heard Jiang Cheng coming to him, saying,

"You think too highly of yourself. Don't you?"

Jiang Cheng said hitting him on his back. Xiao Zhan returned his shot and soon there was a commotion in front of the house.

It was only a few minutes later did they notice Wang Yibo standing there. Jiang Yanli soon welcomed him, not wanting him to feel left out.

"Second Master Wang, we are glad you are here too. Please come in."

"You can call me Yibo. We are a family." Yibo said.

"Oh yeah yeah... Come in, Yibo. A-Zhan, bring him in."

Jiang Yanli pushed Xiao Zhan towards Wang Yibo and he fell straight on Yibo who held him soon.

"Second Master Wang, I will wait in the car." Xue Yang said.

"No no, you too come in." Jiang Yanli urged and unable to resist that sweet welcome, everyone, including, Xue Yang, went in.

Xiao Zhan held Yibo by his arm and led him the way.

When they were in, Zhan helped Yibo sit on the nearest sofa and took a seat beside his sister. Jiang Fengmian came running in, welcoming them. And Zhan was glad that Madam Yu was not home.

They talked and talked from everything to nothing. It was such a joyous moment to. Xiao Zhan and he felt grateful to Wang Yibo for bringing him home.

When Zhan was finally alone with his sister, Jiang Yanli asked,

"Zhan, how are things between you and Yibo?"

Xiao Zhan knew this would come sooner and he was already prepared for it. So he said,

"Good."

"You do not sound good." Jiang Yanli asked giving him a questioning look.

"What do you mean?" Zhan asked trying to hide his sadness within himself.

"You know what I mean. A-Zhan, are you hiding something from me?"

"Hiding? No!"

"It's ok. Now that you are married, I know that I shouldn't ask you these things, but I am just worried. Don't take me wrong ok?"

"Jie... what are you talking? You are my sister. You have every rights to question me on anything. I am sorry if I hurt you."

"Aiyaa..." Yanli pinched his cheek and said, "Seems like the marriage has matured you."

"I am always matured."

"Really?" Jiang Yanli laughed. And so went on there conversation with cute little giggles. But it hit interrupted when Jiang Cheng barged in.

"Xiao Zhan!" He cried.

"Why are you shouting?" Zhan yelled.

"Because I am astonished by something."

"What is it?" Jiang Yanli asked.

"Xiao Zhan is still unmarked!" Jiang Cheng yelled.

"JIANG CHENG!" Xiao Zhan hissed.

"A-CHENG!" Jiang Yanli too hissed.

"What?!" Jiang Cheng asked if he did not know anything.

"Keep your voice low." Yanli reminded him.

"Eh.... Yeah..." He said scratching his head then asked again, "Why are you still not marked?"

"Jiang Cheng, what are you talking? Do you think Wang Yibo will mark me?"

"Of course! Isn't he your husband? Obviously he should."

Those words hit Zhan's wounds. 'But he like someone else.' He said to himself.

"I... I don't think he will mark me." Xiao Zhan said in a low voice.

"How is that possible?" Jiang Cheng asked while Jiang Yanli looked at him suspiciously and asked after a while, "What does that mean?"

"Jie, I mean," Zhan racked his brain for a fake explanation. "How could he mark someone like me, huh? He is rich and powerful, unlike me. How could you even think he will mark someone like me who isn't worthy of standing beside his servants? Huh?" Zhan said trying to put on a smile.

Jiang Cheng gave him a look that he could not quite understand while his sister said,

"If Wang Yibo thinks in a such a way, then he wouldn't have married you in the first place. If he cares about his money and status, then he wouldn't have ask for your hand in marriage."

"But..." Xiao Zhan tried.

"What but's? A-Zhan, stop finding excuses. I am sure there must be a reason for Yibo to not mark you. And I am very sure, money and status is not the reason. He must be waiting for the right time may be."

Xiao Zhan just kept quiet and nodded as if he had understood while he told himself, 'I am indeed finding excuses to not expose that Yibo does not like me but someone else.'

***********

Please leave your comments and votes. STAY TUNED! 

Hope you enjoyed.