Chapter 22 - The unofficial date

M: Nandini! Where are you lost? We're here.

N: What? Already?

M: Yes! We have reached the gateway of India!

N: Yipee! Let's go! I even brought my camera so I can capture these memories.

M: Acha lets go!

We roamed around the gateway of India! I took so many pictures to capture these memories. We saw the Taj Hotel from outside and Manik told me a few stories about the history of India! It was damn interesting! What shocked me was the fact that Manik knew all this.... I mean he doesn't look like the type of person who'd be interested in history! I wanted to take pictures with Manik so I asked a girl to take them for me. It was a bad idea because she put us in a very awkward situation!

Girl: Awh you two look sooo cute together! The pictures have come out so nice. You guys are meant to be for each other.

N: Excuse me?

M: What do you mean?

G: You guys love each other right?

M and N: No!

G: Oops! Then what are you guys?

N: Urm... We are... Urh

I didn't know what to tell her. We sure weren't a couple. What could I tell her? Bhai? Eeeks no way! He's too hot to be called Bhai! Nandini did you just say that! Gosh girl you gotta stop these dirty thoughts! Friend? But he hasn't officially called me his friend yet.

M: We're friends! Yeah we're friends!

G: Ah right! Well I'm sorry! Maybe someday your friendship will turn into love! You never know. Anyways bye... Take care.

M: Bye! And thank you!

N: Yeah thank you!

After the girl left Manik turned toward me with a sorry face! I was blushing at what the girl just said and Manik saw me blushing but I'm so glad he didn't comment on it.

M: I'm sorry! I didn't know what to tell her.... So I just said we're friends. I hope you didn't mind Nandini!

N: Mind? Manik it's fine... I didn't mind! So are we friends?

M: Hmmmm.... I thought Nandini Murthy's friends are special.... I guess that makes me special.

N: Hahahaha.... You're so funny Malhotra!

I spoke in my ever so sarcastic tone!

M: By the way... Let me tell you that even my friends are special! I don't really make new friends because I have Fab 5 but you're an exception! I wouldn't mind being your friend! So Ms Nandini Murthy would you like to make me Manik Malhotra one of your special friends?

He was being so cute! He gave me his candy floss and I happily took it and replied whilst giggling!

N: Haw Manik you're so cute! Of course I'd like you to be my friend!

M: Yipee! Okay now come on I'll take you to the mall as girls love shopping!

N: Woohoo lets go!

He took me to one of the best malls in Mumbai and we did lots of shopping there! I bought lots of make up and clothes and not to forget shoes and bags! A girl can never have lots of these things!