Chapter 66 - Siyappa after siyappa!

Nandini's P.O.V:

Ohkayyyy! So my parents gave me a surprise! They brought Amms with them. I was so excited to see her. I hadn't seen her in ages. This was amazing, Amms and Manik could finally meet each other. After hugging Amms, I introduced Manik to her and what happened after that shook me. Manik had already met Amms and what an encounter they had. This Manik is always getting himself into unnecessary trouble. Such a bad impression he's created of himself in front of Amms. Like they say, first impression is the last impression. Okay fine I agree it was slightly Amms fault too. She should've told the helpers to put her luggage on the side but what was the need for Manik to be so stubborn! Mum, dad and I tried to explain to Amms that Manik wasn't that bad after all. He asked for another chance to prove himself and all she said was we'll see. This is going to be a hard challenge. And to make things worse, when we got to the Malhotra Mansion from the airport, Mukti created another blunder. After meeting Manik's parents we were all sat in the living room. They were thrilled to see my parents and even more thrilled to see Amms. Mum and Nyonika aunty were catching up on everything whilst my dad and Karan Uncle started discussing their business and politics. Typical businessmen I'm telling you. Me and Manik were throwing glares at each other across the room. I was mentally blaming him for being such an idiot and he was mentally trying to justify himself. I need to talk to this guy soon but we couldn't talk right now. Rishab was busy showing Manik pictures of the  football team he plays for at college. However Manik's attention was diverted towards Amms. She had gone upstairs to freshen up. I insisted I'd come up with her but she said she'll manage. One of the workers showed her the way to the washroom. We were all busy with each other when we heard a loud scream. A very familiar one!

"Aiyappa! Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!"

Amms! It was Amms! We all started to panick and ran towards the guest room. The sight we saw next was hilarious. We all tried to suppress or laughter. Amms was lying on the bed and Mukti had fallen on top of her. Such an awkward position but it was just too funny.

"Has kyun rahe ho? Get this girl off me!" Amms literally screamed. I quickly put on a serious face and me and Manik rushed towards them. Manik pulled Mukti up and I helped Amms.

"Maa ji kya hua aap ko?" Nyonika aunty asked.

"Kya hua? Why are you asking me? Ask this girl!" Amms spoke with irritation.

"Mukti! The name is Mukti!" Mukti corrected Amms.

"Hawww dekha kaise baat kar rahi hai! No manners whatsoever!" Amms was starting to get triggered by Mukti's behaviour.

"Mukti will you please keep quiet. Is this a way to talk to those older than you? And please will you care to tell me what has happened." Nyonika aunty spoke trying to calm the matter.

"Sorry mom actually...." Mukti started speaking and just then she was interrupted by Amms.

"Mom? She's your daughter! Manik's sister! Kalyanis grandaughter! I should've guessed. Jaise grandma, waise grandkids." Amms spoke with disgust.

"Maa please let's not start this again." Dad almost pleaded Amms.

"Excuse me! What do you mean by like grandma like grandkids? And app hotay kon ho to speak about my grandma like this that too in the Malhotra house!" Mukti spoke in defence of her grandma and the Malhotra's. Mukti was a lot like me when it came to family. We both can never hear a single word against our family and that's why I understand her behaviour towards Amms. But Amms won't understand this, she'll definitely take it in the wrong way.

"How rude! You are asking me who I am? Seriously? You are asking the famous singing guru, the Lakshmi Murthy who she is?"

"Haan ho gi aap koi singing guru but that doesn't give you a reason to talk bad about my family. So Mrs Lakshmi Murthy you.... wait... what? Murthy? Lakshmi Murthy? Singing guru? This all adds up to...." Mukti was ranting on and on until she realised what Amms had said. Lakshmi Murthy! She added up all the clues and as soon as she figured it out she looked at me with a I've messed up look.