Chapter 70 - Surprise!

We reached home quickly before Dadi's anger increased more. Why do Manik and I have to face such issues? When we reached Home, we saw from the outside that the lights were closed. Maybe they're all sat in the back room. Paying no attention to it, we knocked on the door only to realise it was open. We pushed the door and walked through. We started calling out to them but we got no response. We went through the hallway and into the front room. All of sudden, I tripped over something only to be caught by him in good time. I let out a slight scream before I realised I was saved from falling. I was just about to thank Manik when the lights turned on and everyone shouted "SURPRISE"! I was still in Manik's arms. I looked towards the source of the voice. Everyone was there, my parents, Rishu, Amms, Manik's parents, all our friends and dadi too! What dadi as well? She looked so happy! I thought there was an emergency! She's supposed to be angry right? Am I like dreaming?

"Urm what's all this?" Manik questioned.

"A surprise!" Mukti replied!

"Yes we get that but surprise for what?" He further stated.

"A surprise to celebrate Manan!" Dadi said with a smile.

"What?" Me and Manik exclaimed.

"Yesss! Dadi's right! We are all gathered here today to celebrate the beautiful bond that you two share." Mukti spoke with a smile.

"But Amms, Dadi, I thought you were both against us being together." I said.

"It was a joke. We were just joking with you both." Amms said with a smile.

"It was my idea!" Dadi said proudly.

"What? Dadi all this was a joke? Seriously! Do you guys know how worried we were?" Manik spoke with frustration.

"And what was all the drama about the engagement?" I further questioned.

"That too was a joke! Maa actually wanted to organise a party to celebrate Manan and a little pooja for the well being of you both. But she decided to play a prank first. You know her habits right?" Nyonika aunty said with a smile.

"Oh my god! So all this was a prank? The engagement? The wedding? The little fight between dadi and Amms? This was all a joke!" Manik spoke unbelievably.

"Well yes it was. Besides the fight between me and Amms. We have little disagreements over punjabis and South Indians but that's besides the point. Manik I'm very happy you're with a girl like Nandini. She brings out the best in you and she's such a polite, well mannered girl. I must say your choice is great." Dadi spoke with a smile as she placed her hand on our heads to bless us.

"Thank you dadi!" Manik said.

"Thank you dadi! This means a lot to me. Thank you for accepting us." I said.

"Thank you for choosing my grandson. He deserves nothing but the best and you surely are the best of the best." Dadi said proudly.

"Awhhh now enough of all this emotional talks. Let's eat dinner together as one big family!" Mukti said.

We all sat down to eat together under the little marquee that Manik's Dad had put up in the garden. We all sat together on one big table for dinner. It was a lovely atmosphere. Sitting under the tent with lights all around and my favourite people. Manik was sat opposite me. I was enjoying my yummy food when I felt a kick on my foot under the table. I glared at Manik and he smirked at me. I decided to kick him back but there was no reaction from him. In fact he was munching on the chicken and rice. I kicked him again and still no reaction. What the hell? Just then my phone beeped and I had a quick look. It was a message from Manik's Dad.