Chapter 13

I walked into the cafeteria and my eyes immediately went to my table, hoping to find Hannah. To my delight I spotted her at our table, sitting alone. She seemed to notice someone was staring at her because she suddenly looked at me and grinned. I grinned back.

I began to make my way towards her, but suddenly I felt someone tap my shoulder. Confused, I turned around and suddenly, I was facing Chris. Hatred suddenly flared up within me at the sight of him, knowing this was all his fault.

"What do you want?" I spat.

"The kiss," he answered bluntly. "That's all I want."

"Sucks to be you." I cocked my head and gave a fake smile. "I have to like you to give it to you and believe me when I say that I would never fall for you."

Chris's eyes darkened and knowing he wasn't afraid to force his lips on me, I stepped back. I stood my ground however and stood proudly, glaring back at him. Thinking of everything I'd been through, my hands curled into fists and I glowered at him.

"Don't be so sure," Chris said, stepping forward. "I'm known to be irresistible."

I rolled my eyes, but found myself staring at Chris, who was considerably attractive. Too bad he was an asshole.

   "Come on, Zoey," Chris said, sighing irritably. "We know you're heartless. You're not going to fall for anyone, so might as well just pass the kiss and be rid of it."

   "No," I said through gritted teeth. "Shut up and leave me alone."

   I tried to turn around to leave, but Chris grabbed my arm, forcing me to look at him. Irritated, I scowled at him and hoped my hatred for him would seep through me and scare him. But sadly, it didn't.

   "Come on, Zoey," Chris said, leaning forward. "Just kiss me."

   I pulled my hand up, ready to slap him because he was the one person I wasn't afraid to hurt. If I thought Axel was arrogant, I didn't know what to call Chris. Chris who was so vain and rude and forceful.

   Suddenly, Chris was yanked away from me before I could do anything. He was thrown back and suddenly, Axel stood in front of me, his body tense as he loomed over Chris. With his back to me, I noticed it seemed like he was trying to block Chris from me.

   "Chris," Axel said venomously. "What are you doing with my girl?"

   "Your girl?" Chris scoffed. "Since when?"

   "Since you've forced the kiss on her." Axel stepped forward and I knew he was scowling at Chris, even though I couldn't see his face. "Whoever has the kiss is mine."

   There it was again. Axel was making me his property, and only because I had the kiss. The stupid freaking kiss that I was becoming sick of. My hands curled into fists again.

   "Sure man." Chris grinned cockily. "That's why I've received the kiss more than you. Since all 'your girls' would rather kiss me than you."

   Axel's body tensed and I felt disgusted by the guys in front of me. They seemed be having a who can be more arrogant contest and it was messed up.