# 29

You accept who he really is

-

"Nico and Will are dating."

"Solangelo! Aw!"

"Is Will going to take Nico's last name or...?"

"Nico and Will? No... just no."

"Hades won't approve."

"Woah... that escalated quickly."

Rumours everywhere. You still didn't believe them because your best friend, Nico, hasn't told you anything yet. You have to hear it from him. You ran to his cabin and knocked on his door, "Nico? It's me... Y/N."

"Go away."

"Nico." You say in a stern tone.

After a few seconds... he finally opens the door. You raise your eyebrow, "It's been a week... di Angelo."

He smiles sheepishly. "I'm sorry...?"

He knew he was in trouble and he knew this was coming.

"Let's talk." You tell him in a serious tone as you enter his room. He shuts the door closed and plops down beside you.

"Is it true?"

"That I'm gay? Yes... yes it's true." He says in a soft tone. You throw your arms around him, "How come I never knew that? I'm your best friend. You can tell me anything."

"It's because..." He hesitates. You purse your lips, "Because what?"

"I thought you wouldn't accept who I really am."

"Nico," You grab his hand and wrapped your hands around it. "Why would you think I won't accept you?"

"Because almost everyone in camp is disgusted!" He shouts. You look into his eyes. You can tell that he's really scared and frustrated right now. "So what?"

"Y-You might be one of.... t-them."

You let out a sigh. You grab his face to face you, "Nico... I'm your best friend. Best friend's accept each other. Supports and respects each other's decision."

"You just... disappointed me because you didn't tell me right away. Are you scared that I wouldn't accept you?"

"Yes! Because you're the only one who understands me! And I might lose you!"

"Then if I'm the only one who understands you... I would accept you."

"Oh."

You let out a long sigh, "Oh Nico.... you didn't use your brain again."

"I'm sorry." He apologises. You nod with a smile, "Apology accepted. Just please... don't ever think I would turn my back on you."

You plant a kiss on his cheek, "Now... you're very lucky you won't be using protection anymore." You joke. He blushes, "Y/N!"

"I'm kidding!"