•INTRO•

(Please note that when I wrote this, I was an immature cheerleader so anything that is off/wrong please disregard. Thank you!)

  I rolled out of bed as I turned off my blaring alarm. I rubbed my eyes as I grabbed my outfit which consisted of cheer shorts and a tank top with a sports bra. I went into my ensuite and started my shower. I got in dressed and got in as the hot water hit my back. I washed my hair and my body as I climbed out and wrapped a towel around my body.

  I pulled out my hair dryer and straightener as I started to do my hair. Once it was all dry and straight, I put it into a high ponytail. I finished drying my body as I put on my shorts and sports bra. I grabbed my make up and did a natural look with powder, mascara, blush, and some lip balm. I slipped on my tank top as I grabbed my cheer shoes and bag.

  "Morning!" I said as I ran downstairs.

  "Good morning Zo. How did you sleep?" My mom, Maya, asked.

  "Good. Uh, do you happen to know where my energy powder went?" I asked searching the cabinets.

  "No. Last I checked they were right there." She frowned as she finished cutting fruit.

  "Lukus." I muttered. "Oh he will so pay." I growled as I grabbed my water bottle and threw it in my bag along with a protein bar for after. I grabbed a bowl that my mom prepared for me as I sat down and ate.

  "Are you ready for tryouts?" My mom asked sitting next to me. I nodded as I took a bite.

  My name is Zoey Melanie Cole. My mom is Maya and my dad is Zack. I have twin brothers, Lukus and Jax who are two years younger than me making them fifteen and me seventeen. My best friends are Baley and Maria. I've known Baley since we were born and Maria since she moved here our sophomore year. Since then, the three of us have been inseparable. Baley and I have been on our high schools cheer team since we could tryout and Maria is on the marching band. Today was tryouts for cheer, and even if you've been on it our whole high school career, you still had to try out every time.

  "Baley picking you up?" My mom asked as Baley blew her horn. "I take that as a yes." She grins taking my empty bowl.

  "Bye mom." I yelled starting to run out the door after grabbing my things.

  "Bye Zo!" I heard my dad yell as I waved to him. I opened Baley's passenger door as she grinned at me.

  "Ready to go?" She asked smiling.

  "As ready as I'll ever be." I shrugged putting in my shoes.

  "You know the football boys are going to be there for practice right?" Baley winked at me. I rolled my eyes as I laughed.

  "Bae. I don't need a boyfriend. I really need to focus on my education this year." I said leaning back.

  "You say that every year!" She whined.

  "Yeah. And this year, I mean it. School scouts will be coming to our games, and I want them to see me on the field and then also want me because of my grades." I justified. She sighed as we pulled up to our high school which we have grown to know all to well.

  "Ready for the beginning of the end?" Baley asked as we got out and got our bags. She was right. This was the beginning of our senior year. Which meant the end of high school. It was almost over.

  "I guess." I sighed as we walked to the field. As we arrived, we were greeted by out teammates from past years. We put our things down and began stretching before coach Simpson came out.

  "Zoey. Look at the football players. Aren't they hot?" Asked one of the girls, Amber. I rolled my eyes as I nodded.

  "Sure." I said as I kept stretching.