•THIRTY EIGHT•

I scrambled from my bathroom, grabbing my backpack and three projects from the corner of my room. I grabbed my phone, dropping it. I groaned, picking it up to see that the screen had cracked all the way up. I sighed, shoving it in my back pocket. I raced down the stairs, and grabbed an apple. Jax and Luke were off to school and I was still at home, late. I ran out to my car, throwing everything in the passenger seat before racing to school. I got there and the whole place was deserted. I sighed, climbing from my car. I began to walk towards the school, as I saw a human walking down the hallways rushed. I opened the front doors, and saw Brody heading to the quad. I didn't see him for very long, but I did notice the worried and frustrated look on his face. I put my thing a in my locker, going to first period. I opened the door as everyone looked at me.

  I knew I didn't look cute today, and being late didn't help me. I was wearing some nike shorts with a light pink hoodie, and some jandels. I slowly made my way to my seat, sitting down.

  "Glad you could join us Ms. Cole." My teacher spit at me. I nodded, glancing at the empty seat beside me. His backpack was a disheveled mess and he had a notebook sitting out on his desk. I knew that notebook. It was the one he got out often before we were dating and once in a while during. I decided to grab it, and peek at it. I grazed my fingers over the cover. It was a normal spiral, with his name written on the front in sharpie. I traced his name with my fingers, as they grazed down to the spine where little doodles were drawn in faded pencil. I grinned, as I flipped open the book.

  Inside there was my name written down several times. A few had hearts around them, and down wet ein cursive, but most were in his sloppy hand writing. I checked the date, and it said September 16, 2016. I turned the page and there was now a simple doodle of me doing some assignment. It was amazing, and I grinned, looking at the little details.

  My hair was in a top knot with hairs poking out and my glasses that I wore that day were resting on the tip of my nose, and with the way the right side of my lip peaks upward when I'm trying to focus. He even added the doodles I draw on my pencils. I flipped the page again to reveal a picture of me, but it was an older me. I had glasses on with a button down work shirt messily tucked into some khakis. My hair in a messy bun with a child on my hip. I was looking up with a weak grin plastered on my face. I could barely make out a small ring on my left hand. I studied it more closely and noticed I was wearing a name badge that read, Mrs. McKnight. I felt heat rise to my cheeks, as Brody said my name.

"Huh? What?" I stuttered looking up at the tall muscular guy in front of me.

"Why are you going through my things?" He asked, a hint of worried in his voice.

"I'm sorry." I muttered. The bell rang, as I tossed down his book, but not before catching a quick glance at the page it landed on.

Brody on one knee with I small box in his hand. I stood on the other side with my hands covering my mouth, and I stared at him. I raced through the halls, trying to get away, but I couldn't. As I was reaching the doors to the quad, I felt Brody grab my arm. I stopped, and fell against him in defeat.  He turned me to face him as I buried my head in his chest. I let my silent tears slip as he had his arms wrapped protectively around me. He lifted me up, carrying me to the quad. He sat me down on a bench, lifting my head up with is fingers.

  "I'm going to class." He whispered. I stared at him. Why was he going to class? Did he not want to stay with me? Was Thai not the same Brody I met at the beginning of school? What changed? My mind went to the day after first when I ran out here in tears. He came and held me until I was better. We told each other how we felt, but that Brody is not who I'm staring at right now. He has swirls of black in his normally welcoming brown eyes. I remember when his eyes lit up and had swirled with joy. They sparkled, and I was attracted to them. Now, they seemed like emotionless pits. I shoved his hand away, and curled into a ball. He huffed, and left me. I looked up and watched him go off to class.

  BRODY POV

I stared into her beautiful hazel eyes, trying to hide the pain it gives me to see her so vulnerable and upset. Right now, all I wan to do is wrap her up and never let go. I want to tell her I will always love her and she is my girl. I never thought I would feel this way towards I single human, but I do. I walked down the halls and found Nick in the theater room like I told him.

  "Got the radio?" I asked. He nodded, holding it up.

  "You sure about this?" He asked.

  "Man. I'm not sure about anything right now. All I know is that she has stolen my heart, and I want her more than anything right now." I spilled. Nick nodded, grabbing the boquete and gift.

  "Let's do this." He said.

ZOEY POV

After a few minutes, I heard the door open and I looked up to see Nick standing there with a radio. Brody appeared behind him. He was holding a boquete of tulips and a small box. I felt my heart begin to race, as he grinned. Nick hit the play button, as a song began to play.

I was a boat stuck in a bottle
That never got the chance to touch the sea
Just forgot on the shelf
No wind in the sails
Going no where with no one but me
I was one in one-hundred billion
A burned out star in a galaxy
Just lost in the sky wondering why
Everyone else shines out but me

  I felt my eyes tear up as Brody stepped closer to me. He sat down next to em, taking my hand in his. I felt a tingle sensation where he touched me and a shock flow through my arm.

But
I came to life when I first kissed you
The best me has his arms around you
You make me better than I was before
Thank God I'm yours

  "Zoey, I love you with all my heart. You are the one person I think of constantly, the one who takes over my world. You keep me going, because honestly, without you, I think I would fall and die. I wake up every morning to see your beautiful face. For the past two months, it hasn't felt right. I haven't been able to hug and kiss you, and I just wish we could be okay for more than a week. Zoey. You are my everything. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to talk to you about this, it's just hard to not be afraid of rejection. Again." He told me. I had tears streaming down my face, as I put my hands on his cheeks. I pressed my lips firmly to his, as he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist. I pulled away, leaning my forehead on his.

"I love you so much Brody McKnight." I smiled. He grinned, pecking my lips. We sat silent for some time, as the song finished up.

The worst me is just a long gone memory
You put a new heartbeat inside of me
You make me better than I was before
Thank God I'm yours

He pulled back completely, holding out the small box. I took it, opening it.

It was a small gold ring with a small diamond on the center

It was a small gold ring with a small diamond on the center. On each side of the diamond we're three diamonds. I stared at it in awe.

"This is called a tiara ring. Since we're going to be graduating in a few weeks, I wanted to get you something. I decided to get you this because you are, and will always be, my princess." He grinned down at me. I looked up into his chocolate eyes, kissing his lips. He took it from the box, sliding it onto my right ring finger. I stared at it, smiling.

"Thank you. I love it." I muttered. He smiled, kissing my head.

"I love you." He whispered. I grinned up at him, pecking his nose.

"I love you too." I smiled.