•THIRTEEN•

I ran downstairs without grabbing breakfast, and hopped in my car. I threw my bags in the back, quickly starting the engine. I was already five minutes late for school, and Luke and Jax weren't home to remind me. Luke had gone with Brody for early morning practice, and Jax met up with Julie earlier. I sped from my driveway, racing down the roads to our school. I put my car in park, grabbing my bags, and racing inside. I got in, my breathing heavy. Everyone became quiet as I stepped in. Everyone murmured, and i couldn't help but think it was about me. I hung my head low, making my way to my locker. I opened it and Brody appeared at my side.

  "We need to talk." He whispered. I shook my head. Ever since we almost kissed a few days ago, I didn't want to speak to him. It was awkward and I didn't know what I was doing. My brain stopped and when he told me I was his everything, I did what I first thought to do. Kiss him.

  "No we don't. It was a mistake. I didn't mean to almost kiss you." I whispered, hiding my face in my locker. He let out a long sigh, leaning back.

  "Zoey. Please. I don't like that things are awkward. I need to talk to you. And what i said, was the truth. I hope you meant it too." He bluntly said before walking away. I sighed, as a tear fell from my eye. I wiped it away quickly, grabbing my things, and slamming my locker. I walked to my first period, dreading sitting next to him. I walked in, and there he was, with his note book again. He began doodling in this notebook again, but I still didn't know what to was. I walked by and he slammed it shut. I put my backpack down next to me, sitting down. I pulled out a book, burying my face in it. I notice a girl walk into our class, but I ignore it, trying to act like I'm not bothered my Brody.

"Hey Brody." She says. This gets my attention, and I lift my head to see Beatrice, the schools bratty popular girl. I roll my eyes, as she puts her arms around his neck. He smiled at her, kissing her cheek.

What the heck!!

"Hey Tris." He smiles. "What are you doing here?" He asks her. She grins, smirking at me.

"Is it a crime that I want to see my boyfriend?" She questions him. At this, my heart stopped and my throats went dry. I stared at the two of them, being all lovie dovie.

"No, but you should get to class. I'll see you at lunch." He grins. She nods, placing a kiss to his lips. He takes her hand, kissing it before she leaves our room.

"What was that!" I quietly yell at Brody.

"My girlfriend came to see me in class." He shrugged. My heart tugged in my chest, wanting to rip out. I slowly nodded, turning back to my book.  I felt Brody watch me as I glanced at him. He smirked at me, and I hid my face once again. Mrs. Marks walked in, smiling at everyone.

  "Okay. Today you will be starting a project with your partner next to you." She announced. Brody and I made eye contact, and he smirked.

  "You will be googling the history of an assigned state, then doing a presentation of your choice. Please look at the board for your state then you may begin." She told us, going to her computer. I looked up, to see that Brody and I were assigned Florida. Great. He smiled at me, pulling out a notebook.

  "Partner, what do we start with?" He asked me. I groaned, pulling laptop from my backpack.

  "With a foundation. We need to find out when it began a state of the US and how." I said, typing into google.

"You finding anything?" He asked me, tapping his pencil. I glared at him, shaking my head.

"Do you really think I am? The school internet is literally the worst." I moaned, watching my laptop load. He sighed, pulling out his notebook and doodling once again. I tried looking at it, but he hid it from me. I rolled my eyes, as google loaded.