•THIRTY FIVE•

It was now Friday, and I was leaving my third period class to lunch. We now had two months until graduation, and let me tell you, everyone was excited.

"Are you doing the senior prank Zo?" Baley asked me as we walked to lunch. I looked at her, dodging anxious freshman rushing to class.

"Should I?" I questioned, entering the lunch room. We sat at our table, throwing our bags down.

"Of course!! Everyone participates in the senior prank!! Come on!!! It's in the freshman." She smirked. I laughed, nodding.

"Fine. I'll do it. What are we doing this year?" I asked, as Brody sat down next to me, kissing my head.

"I think we're doing a fake intruder in the building. I even think the juniors are going to help out." She smiled. Maria joined us, pulling out her lunch. I could tell she was crying.

"Mar. What's wrong?" I asked her. She looked up and I saw pure furry in her eyes.

"None Of you damn business!" She yelled at me, rushing from the table. Baley and I stared at each other shocked, as a teacher blew his whistle.

"Well, that was interesting." Brody muttered. I nodded, looking around. I saw Maria in her corner where we found her sophomore year. I dragged Baley, arriving at Maria.

"Mar. Tell us what happened." I cooed, sitting in front of her. She looked up at us, he rad we tear stained. She sniffles, looking back to the lunch room before responding.

"Jacob broke up with me." She whispered. Baley and I were immediately hugging her. She accepted our hugs, sinking into us. We sat there, just me and my best friends as Maria vented.

  "We should get back. Lunch is almost over." Baley reminds us. I nod, standing. I grip Maria's hand, helping her up. We head to our table where my brothers and Brody were still seated. I sat next to Brody and Maria sat next to me. We ate what we could before the bell.

I was on my way to gym, when someone texted me. I pulled out my phone, seeing Brody texted me.

Brody-Let's skip

I let out a small chuckle, as I headed to the courtyard.

Me-in the court

Not ten minutes later, Brody and I were driving around, talking to one another. We were currently playing twenty questions.

"If you had to lose one limb, what would it be?" Brody asked me. I glanced at my body, trying to choose. It was either my left hand or my right leg. I exhaled, answering.

"My left arm." I said. He glanced at me, smiling.

"Really? Why?" He asked.

"Well, I'm a righty, and cheer doesn't necessarily require arms, but it does require legs. Plus, soul surfer made it big. I bet I could do the same." I justified. I nodded, happy with the response.

"If you were given only twenty four hours left to live, what would you do?" I asked, staring at him. He thought it over for a long time.

"First, I would go dirt biking with Logan. Then tell my mom all my secrets, then forgive my dad. I would also read Rue's entire diary. And finally, sit with you and stroke you're hair until you fall asleep. I would tell you I love you the minute before I die." He told me. I was dead silent as he explained his final day. I smiled at the thought of him spending his last hours with me.

"Why was I last?" I questioned barley above a whisper.

"I want you to be the last thing on my mind before I die and leave forever. And I want to be the last thing you think about before you never see me again." He muttered. I grabbed his hand, squeezing it.