•42• Chapter

I carried my school bag with me as I walked to the cafe, I was meeting my friends before going to school.

After what Jungkook said a week ago, we had been ignoring each other. He texted Essa about him not meaning what he said in the janitor's closet.

I opened the door of the cafe and I was greeted by my friendly crowd of friends.

"SeonMi sit down here." Nara unnie said, patting the seat next to her and I faked a smile. I didn't lie to myself, I was hurt.

I sat down next to her and looked at the drinks menu. I wanted coffee so badly for some reason.

My eomma didn't let me have it at the bakery because she says it's bad for me but I need it at the moment.

"Can I have a cup of iced coffee please." I requested to the waitress that had just arrived.

I couldn't sleep well last night at all for some reason. I turned in every direction on the bed but I couldn't find a comfortable position to sleep.

"Can I have some croissants and boba milk tea please." Seokjin said.

Everyone was there - Si-ah, Nara, Yoongi, Seokjin, Hopi, Namjoon, Jimin, Taehyung, JangMi - except Jungkook which I was somewhat grateful for.

He was probably ignoring me as well, I wouldn't be surprised. He did make a mistake, that's what he said anyways.

Everyone started to order and I guess no one really had breakfast. I just drank my coffee like it was juice.

"I'm so exhausted because of that boy." Namjoon said. "He says he'll come but after I say that we're all going to be there, he backs out."

It was official he was avoiding me but I don't blame him, I was too.

"Do you mean Jungkook?" Si-ah unnie asked, tearing a part of her chocolate croissant. She put it near my mouth and I ate it.

"Yea, he's just so moody these days." Seokjin asked and drank his coffee.

I looked at my phone to check the time. "I think we should get going, guys."

"Yea, SeonMi's right." Jimin said standing up.

We went to school on Seokjin's car and Taehyung's car to school, with our coffees.

***

"What's up with you?" JangMi said, leaning on the locker next to mine.

"What do you mean?" I asked sorting my books out. I don't really know what she's talking about.

"You look so sad and gloomy." She said

"I'm not. I'm just really tired that I didn't get much sleep last night." I say matter-of-factly.

"Whatever you say." She sighed and I closed my locker. "You know sports day is coming up. What are you going to join?"

"Something that has to do with running." I said and sat down on my chair. JangMi sat on the chair in front of me.

"Are you joining the 4X100 relay?" She asked sipping the coffee she ordered at the cafe.

"Yea, probably the 100 meter as well." I said. "I think the girls are going to be fast runners here."

"Yea but you're also pretty fast, SeonMi." She said and I smiled sheepishly.

Back in London, I was one of the fastest female runners in my whole school but I still had to bring my A game because we never know if the students here would be faster.

"What about you? High jump like last year in London." I said.

"Yea, I should stick to that. Running is not my thing." She said.

"It wouldn't hurt to try you know." I said and right then Taehyung made a big bang sound by hitting my table with his hands.

"What are you guys talking about?" He asked with a boxlike smile plastered on his face.

At that moment, JangMi and I both realised we were talking in English. "Sports day." I simply replied.

"Oh." He said. "I'm taking part in 4X100. I hope I get Jungkook." He said.

"Why, is he fast?" JangMi asked.

"Yup, fastest in our school but he barely takes part. Last year he did and broke everyone's record. It was amazing."

"Cool." Is all I could think of saying.

"That's awesome. I'm taking part in high jump." JangMi said before continuing. "SeonMi is taking part in 100 meter dash and 4X100. She was one of the fastest runners in our whole school back in London." JangMi brags.

Taehyung looks at me with wide eyes. "That's cool but you're going to have competition." Taehyung said.

"Who?" I asked curiously.

"Kim GoEun. She's in the other class. She can run so fast. She is the fastest girl in our school. She ran a 100 meter dash in 15 seconds. " He said. "Good luck though."

"Thanks." I said nervously.

"That's fast." JangMi said and the classroom door opened revealing a girl with our school uniform.

"Oppa." She said and ran to Jungkook and hugged him. I told myself to stop making eye contact with him but I just didn't listen.

I looked at Jungkook and he looked taken a back. He looked at everyone staring at  him and this new girl when, his gaze caught mine.

We just stared at each other until his hands moved up her shoulder to hug her back.

"I've missed you." The girl said all girly. I tried to not roll my eyes or show any feelings at all.

"Me too." He said and I looked away. I guess he really didn't mean what he said in the janitor's office.

-
A/N:
I'm sorry that I've been off for a while. I have writer's block and have no idea what to write next.
♡♡♡