01.

ACT I; SCENE I

ACT I; SCENE I

S I R I M I R I
a light rain, a fine drizzle

          TAEHYUN LEE BELIEVED that his day couldn't have gotten any worse. First, he woke up an hour and a half late in the morning, because apparently his alarm clock stopped working at exactly 2 in the AM. How convenient. Even his clock was a perfectionist. Secondly, he stained the shirt he had to wear to the gallery today. So he had to wear his other shirt. (He didn't mind it. It was his lucky shirt after all. But being a perfectionist, his mood was ruined the second the coffee touched his shirt.)

And now, as he walked out of the shop, already running late for the exhibition, the skies had turned a dark grey colour.

Taehyun swore under his breath.

"Bloody alarm clock."

Checking the time on his watch, which read 4 o'clock, he sighed in relief. He still had two hours before he had to head to the exhibition.

Being a lover of art and expressing things with the help of some paints and a blank canvas, this was a big opportunity for Taehyun. He knew, at an art exhibition as prestigious as this one, it could be his lucky day. It wasn't a gallery full of his paintings. No. He just had (luckily) been able to showcase a painting of his.

A masterpiece.

Before Taehyunknew, the clock had struck five thirty and he was on his way to the art gallery. The gallery wasn't that far away but Taehyun wanted to leave his home a bit early so the he could enjoy the cool evening breeze. Spring had ended early this year. Not that Taehyunminded that. After all, Summer came after Spring and so did his favourite time of the year. But today's weather seemed like summer hadn't arrived at all. But was late, just like he was in the morning.

His brown hair were messy and wavy as the wind hit his face. The windows were down, classical music on, an arm resting on the window, other on the steering wheel.

Taehyun thought of how beautiful the setting sun was. A vivid mixture of orange, red and blue hues was what graced the sky. The artist in Taehyun marvelled at the way God had made the earth and the skies so beautiful. He wondered how no artist could compete to the masterpiece that was sky.

He made a mental note to try a painting of sunset again; his favourite time of the day. Maybe he could pull it off this time. The last time he tried, he wasn't satisfied at all with the results, even though his best friend, Jisung thought that the painting was his best one yet. Taehyun disagreed, saying "what do you know about art?". But then again, what did Jisung know about art? Nothing. So Taehyun wasn't all that wrong.