12.

ACT II; SCENE II

ACT II; SCENE II

V I R I D I T Y
naïve innocence

     AKEMI COULD FEEL the pain as she grasped the sheets in her hands, her forehead dotted with perspiration. She was having nightmares again. She saw herself drowning in the water and felt her lungs burning as they filled up with water.

With a scream, Akemi woke up and sat up straighter. She was breathing heavily and her heart was beating so fast that it seemed like it would thrash out of its cage. Wiping away the sweat from her forehead, she took a deep breath to calm her heart a little.

The door to the room opened and in came Taehyun, a worried expression on his face and a paint bucket in his hand. He sighed in relief as soon as he saw that Akemi was alright.

"What happened?"

Akemi looked at him with sad eyes and Taehyun felt something squeeze at his chest. "Had a bad dream. I'm...I'm fine."

"I was worried."

Taehyun put the bucket down and sat next to Akemi on the edge of the bed.

"Sorry for worrying you."

Taehyun raised his hand towards Akemi's face. She looked at him wide eyed, her breath caught in her lungs. And then she felt his thumb lightly grazing underneath her eyes. She didn't realise she had been crying.

"Don't apologize. I'm glad to see you're fine."

His hand now cupped her cheek that was still damp with tears. Maybe it was heat of the moment or maybe it was something like a magnet pulling them closer and closer and closer to each other.

Akemi's heart was beating again, faster than before, and warmth was spreading across her cheeks and neck.

Taehyun was close, too close. She could feel his breath on her face, warm and minty. Before she could comprehend what was happening, she felt his soft lips touch hers in a gentle kiss.

. . . .

NOTE:
OOOOO La la a kissssss finally. We've been waiting for this kiss to happen.
Sorry for not updating in so long. Hope this chapter made up for that.

What are your thoughts about it?

Lots of love, Rose.