07.

ACT I; SCENE VII

ACT I; SCENE VII

C A T H E C T
to invest emotion or feeling in a particular idea, object or another person

     "DID YOU ALREADY break up with Zara?" Taehyun was looking at Ezra like he had grown two heads. Ezra, on the other hand, was as nonchalant as ever, examining the rings on his fingers. He had always been like this; so careless about his relationships.

"Ezra!"

Looking up at his friend, Ezra rolled his eyes. "Yes. I did."

Taehyun's eyes were wide open, his jaw hanging low. He couldn't believe his friend.

Ezra, on the other hand, chuckled at Taehyun's shocked expression. "Why are you so shocked?"

"You said she might be the one! What changed?" Taehyun asked, curious as to why his friend changed his mind. Again.

"I don't know, mate. It's...complicated." A sigh escaped Ezra's mouth, a distant look on his eyes.

Taehyun and Ezra had been friends for five years now. Spending that long with someone, you know what they're feeling. And Taehyun knew that Ezra wasn't how he showed he was. Not this time. This time Taehyun could tell that it really was complicated. And so, he didn't pry further. If Ezra wanted to tell him, he'd do that himself. Knowing Ezra, he'd tell him sooner or later.

Taehyun took last sip of tea and put the cup on the table. He noticed that Ezra had finished his tea too. "Let's go. I have to show you my painting."

"Did you already paint another one?" Ezra wasn't shocked. This wasn't new. Taehyun came up to him at random times, saying he had finished a painting and he wanted to show it to Ezra.

Taehyun nodded, a content smile on his face.

"Okay then. Off we go." Ezra walked enthusiastically to the door of the cafe. And then, turned around to look at Taehyun who was still standing next to the booth. "Don't forget to pay."

And with a charming smile, he walked out of the cafe.

. . .

Here's a little dose of Tae and Ezra. Akemi will say hi soon too.
Thank you for your patience. I'll try to be more consistent with updates of this book.