03.

ACT I; SCENE III

ACT I; SCENE III

N E B U L O U S
a concept that is unclear, vague, ill-defined

          AKEMI WAS SURPRISINGLY a coffee lover, the exact opposite of Taehyun who couldn't function well without black tea, and he especially needed his tea whenever he was working late nights on his new artworks.

Akemi had just met Taehyun and here she was sitting with him in one of the cozy, little cafés a few streets away from Belle Âme. They had walked there. Taehyun had insisted that they go there by his mustang, but Akemi said she wanted to walk. And so in this aesthetically designed and laid out café, Akemi smiled at Taehyun who was describing how the ending of her book made him emotional and urging him to take out his frustration by painting.

Akemi was genuinely pleased to meet Taehyun. From the moment she had set foot in that gallery and had laid her eyes upon his painting, she had this sudden urge to meet the artist behind that masterpiece and tell him how amazing his art was and how beautifully he described the colour blue.

"Taehyun, tell me, what were you thinking when you were making that painting?" Akemi asked the question that had been burning in her mind. "I mean, can you please tell me more about how you painted so vividly that I could feel the raw emotions behind it?"

Akemi was looking at him with curious eyes, a pout on her lips that appeared due to being so focused on Taehyun.

Taehyun noticed how she was fisting the blue handkerchief that she had brought with her. And he smiled at how intrigued she was by a painting as simple as his.

"I had actually finished reading your book and, please don't mind my words, but I had wanted to meet the author just to tell her that she couldn't do this to her characters." He laughed, so did Akemi upon hearing his words.

"Oh my God. No way. You're joking, right?" She asked, her eyes twinkling in amusement.

Taehyun shook his head. "I am telling the truth. And then, I just took out that frustration on my paintings."

Akemi leaned back in her chair.

"Wow. I really can't believe that my book make someone paint such a masterpiece."

Taehyun took a sip of his warm tea. "Actually, this is my masterpiece. Or what I think is my masterpiece. But I have this feeling of lacking in some places."

Akemi had finished her coffee already. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, I can't seem to find inspiration for my next painting."

"That's me. But instead of painting, it's with my writing. I just can't seem to be inspired enough to write. The problems of an artist."

Akemi sighed, a dejected look on her face.

This feeling of emptiness was something both of the artists could relate upon and Akemi was thankful that someone finally seemed to understand what she was feeling.

And Taehyun had this sudden feeling that he might've found an inspiration for the real masterpiece.

Akemi.

So, he did what he had never done before, especially not without planning.

"Will you be my muse?" And the words were out of his mouth before he could think them through and he was almost going to regret asking such question if it wasn't for Akemi's startled expression morphing into a beautiful, radiant smile.

He knew he did the right thing. And he knew that miracles didn't happen to him, but when Akemi uttered a faint yes, he started to believe in miracles for a second.

. . .

NOTE:
Was that too out of the blue? Haha.
I'm so hyped for this book. It gives me good vibes. I hope you guys are liking it so far too.