08.

ACT I; SCENE VIII

ACT I; SCENE VIII

S E R E N D I P I T Y
finding something beautiful without looking for it

     SUNRISE WAS BEAUTIFUL. Not because it wasn't before, but because it had been weeks since Taehyun saw the shy sun rising above the horizon, coming out of its veil, spreading its warmth during these cold winter days. There was another reason too.

Sitting next to Taehyun on the swing was a beautiful girl with a hot mug of black coffee in her dainty, delicate hands. Akemi's eyes were shining, especially now, way more than before, as the warm rays of sun fell upon her pretty, innocent face. The gold in her eyes had Taehyun enthralled, enchanted.

Upon sensing someone's gaze on her, Akemi turned her head to look at Taehyun who didn't look away. He kept his gaze firm on her face, didn't shy away his sight even when her cheeks turned pink, not even when she tucked a lone strand of her jet black hair behind her ear, especially not when she gave him a sweet, shy smile.

The artist was a goner, then.

"What are you looking at?" Her voice was soft and sweet, a weird melody that made Taehyun's heart beat a bit faster, just a little bit. He shook his head, still looking into her eyes.

"Nothing."

With a hesitant nod, Akemi turned her head back towards the sky, leaning back in her seat, closing her eyes. A soft sigh escaped past her lips. "I missed the sun so much."

"I think the sun missed you more."

At this, her eyes opened, a curious but excited look in her eyes. "What do you mean?"

Instead of answering, Taehyun shrugged, standing up from his seat. "Wait a minute."

When Akemi gave him a confused look, her forehead creased in confusion, he gestured for her to wait.

"Patience, darling. Patience."

And that was the cue for the said darling's cheeks to turn scarlet. Taehyun let out a chuckle at that, pinching her cheeks lightly, and then he walked into the lounge, leaving Akemi alone on the balcony.

Meanwhile, Akemi lightly slapped both her cheeks, fanning them a little. "Why do I blush so easily?"

Five minutes and a few don't blush again okays after, Akemi heard the sound of click. Upon looking to her right, she noticed Taehyun with a camera in his hands and a cheeky smile on his handsome face.

"What are you-" Before Akemi could finish her sentence, another click was heard.

And that was how Taehyung captured the beautiful sunrise in his camera.

. . .

I was feeling like writing this. So here we are.
Is it me or you guys want to actually live this book too? I mean I'd love Kim Taehyung taking candid pictures of me while I watch the sunrise. A girl can dream. Right?

Anyways, I'm hoping you guys are liking this so far. The first act will finish at chapter 10. The real plot is only starting just now. Act II and III are going to be lit. I'm excited.

I love you all so much.