04.

ACT I; SCENE IV

ACT I; SCENE IV

M U S E
a woman who is a source of an inspiration for a creative artist

          THE WORLD WAS huge, but somehow Taehyun got lucky enough to be present at the gallery that day. And luckier to have met Akemi, who was now standing at the threshold of his studio apartment, waiting for him to open the door.

How all this happened was too surreal to be true. But it was happening and Taehyun was ecstatic to have finally be inspired by something - or rather someone. As soon as he heard the doorbell ring and a few knocks at his door, he abandoned the tea he was preparing and speed walked to open the door.

A boxy smile lit up his entire face as he looked at Akemi standing there, looking ever so pretty and somehow, aesthetic. Or maybe that was just the artist in him finding beauty even in the simplest thing such as the twin beauty marks that were present at some distance on her right cheek. Or the faint, less deep cleft in the middle of her chin.

"Mr. Lee, hi."

Taehyun opened the door wider to let her in. She removed her shoes by the door at the shoe rack and turned to look at him.

"I hope you didn't have any difficult finding my apartment."

"Oh, no. It wasn't difficult to find it."

They both walked towards the open kitchen, Taehyun leading the way, and Akemi noticing the minimalistic black and white interior of the apartment.

"Please have a seat." Taehyun gestured towards the stool in front of the kitchen counter. Akemi placed her purse on the counter, sitting on the stool.

"I hope I didn't disturb you. Were you busy with something?" She asked.

Taehyun had noticed that she had that soothing voice and polite tone that made you want to keep on listening to her talk.

"Oh, absolutely not. I was just making tea. Do you want to have coffee? I can make it for you. Or would you rather try my special tea?"

Akemi seemed to be debating mentally over what to choose; coffee or tea. With just one look at Taehyun's hopeful smile that suggested he wanted her to try tea, she chose the latter.

"I want to see what's so special about your tea."

And, so, Taehyun Lee got back to making his special tea, while having small talk with Akemi about her life.

. . .

I love this book so much.