25.

ACT III; SCENE V

ACT III; SCENE V

C O D D I W O M P L E
to travel in a purposeful manner towards a vague destination

     "GOD. TAEHYUN, I'm so nervous to meet you parents."

Taehyun looked up from the book he was reading, noticing how pale Akemi looked, how she was biting her lip in nervousness. The girl sitting across him was a mess. But she was his mess, and he couldn't help but smile as he looked at her.

"Why?"

"What if they don't like me?"

"What is there to not like, sweetheart?"

"What is there to like, Taehyun? I'm nothing special. Just a plain Jane with stupid anxiety. I'm so ordinary. You deserve someone extraordinary, someone. . .someome special."

Taehyun didn't reply. Instead, he reached out to her and took her hands in his, his grip on her hands warm and mellow and so loving that Akemi's eyes watered, and she blinked hurriedly to get rid of the incoming river of tears.

"I'm actually dying to answer that question of yours, my love. I can tell you a million and one things about you that I like, and I will tell you everything soon, but please just trust me when I say I love you so much and that everything's going to be fine. Don't let the self doubt ruin anything for you. I'm here. With you. Always."

Cosmos could've burst that moment, ending every single thing in its wake, but Akemi was sure it wouldn't be able to end what she felt for Taehyun. In that moment, she felt invincible. Come what may, she had Taehyun with her and that's all that mattered.

. . .