𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 7

Sachiko Yagami knew very well that she was perhaps the most unremarkable member of her family, and she was quite alright with that

Sachiko Yagami knew very well that she was perhaps the most unremarkable member of her family, and she was quite alright with that. She was sure in her role as the foundation of their home, and most of all, her capabilities as a mother. Her children had often remarked over her uncanny ability to tell when something was bothering one of them-- even (Y/n) and Light, both of whom were difficult to read as people.

And right now, her eldest daughter was troubled.

The Yagami matriarch pursed her lips in a thin smile, shifting the weight of the bag of groceries in her arms to fill the void left in the uncomfortable silence left while her eldest delved somewhere deep in the mind that Sachiko had always had trouble understanding. The older woman didn't mind too much, though. When (Y/n) really needed her, the 24-year-old always let her know.

"Hey, Mom?" the younger spoke up at last. Sachiko hummed, trying not to feel too pleased with her motherly intuition. "I've been feeling a little torn up lately."

Fighting off her surprise, Sachiko nodded to let her daughter know to continue. (Y/n) always seemed so sure about herself-- it was hard not to feel a little unprepared for the admittance.

A sharp sigh left her daughter as the young woman seemed to take a moment to gather her thoughts. "What if you were caught in a situation where you had to pick between your family and the rest of the world?"

"What?" Sachiko nearly dropped the bag of groceries, feeling even more unprepared. "I'm not quite sure I understood your question, dear."

(Y/n) blew a wisp of loose hair out of her eyes. "What would you pick between saving one of us and saving a whole bunch of other people?"

The older woman frowned, a cold feeling trickling down her neck that she was quick to shrug off. "Well, morally, I suppose I'd like to say I would choose the greater good. But, that is a choice you're father would make. I don't think I could." She smiled mirthlessly. "Why do you ask?"

"Ah, one of my teammates was telling me earlier about how an agent recently ended up having to face off with his brother, and it's been making me consider a lot of similar scenarios," (Y/n) replied, looking ahead as they strolled through the quiet lanes of the neighborhood.