𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 25

Ryuk hummed to himself, vaguely recalling some catchy tune he'd heard off some radio somewhere on his way to the Task Force HQ as he floated around on his back, arms crossed behind his head in the picture of unbothered leisure

He watched as L received a phone call in the adjacent room and sighed to himself. Well, it seemed like he'd be losing the source of his entertainment sooner rather than later.

At least it was fun while it lasted. The Yagami kid was getting kind of predictable at this point. The Shinigami knew that it was always unlikely for the kid to succeed in his vision of becoming some sort of God of a new age, since Light was sloppier than he thought himself to be, but Ryuk had estimated a few more human years until Kira was caught.

To be fair, that was also before (L/n) got thrown into the equation.

If he'd been pettier, Ryuk would've been upset at her for spoiling his fun so soon, but he'd begun to get bored again already, so maybe it was for the best to let (L/n) play around to her heart's content. For a human, she was pretty daring in her schemes, going as far as bargaining with Ryuk, of all people, using two crates of apples as leverage.

Apparently, he had a role to play for himself in her little plan. He'd have killed Light and been off to find the next target of his interest, but he wanted to have some more fun with this particular group of humans before he went off to find someone new. He rather fancied himself an actor anyway. Besides, if he made himself known to them now, it'd be harder to get away unknown next time which would be challenging and, at least, less boring.

It's not like they could arrest a God of Death, now could they?

L hung up, his posture worse than usual as he looked at the table before him contemplatively. "We must find the second Note," he murmured to himself, mentally reviewing what he'd learned the previous night from Higuchi's interrogation. The Note in their custody was evidently the first Kira's judging by the victims at the start of the book.

The third Kira claimed his Note had been switched at some point and the Shinigami in their custody-- Rem, claimed it to have been the will of the first Kira, further denying knowledge of the whereabouts of the second Note which the first Kira had hidden himself.