𝘔𝘦𝘮𝘰 01: 𝘏𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨

It takes the Yagami family five years of licking their wounds and rebuilding their lives separately before they can think of making space for each other in their individual sanctuaries

Some part of (Y/n) had foreseen this when she conspired against Light, but she still can't help the hurt she feels. There aren't many things that she allows to get to her, but her family has always been close to her heart and their falling apart cuts her more than most would realize.

Soichiro lost face, to put it mildly. She knows he still loves them all very much, but the foundations upon which he had built his entire world had been shaken and he withdrew from the world to rebuild new ones.

He can't really be blamed. Light had been his greatest pride in how much the boy seemed to take after him. Moreover, Light had this way of standing out and outshining the ordinary masses by so much, his own parents couldn't help but place him on a pedestal.

When Light fell from grace, he took his parents down with him.

The shame had been unbearable once the shock wore away. They went from the proud parents of extremely promising children to the people who had raised the most notorious killer of their time.

Soichiro and Sachiko ran, refusing to look back, and it took them this long to finally open up to idea of trusting someone aside from each other.

Logically, they both know that neither (Y/n) nor Sayu will hurt them like Light's reveal did. Their daughters are good young women who are making their places in the world using the morals their parents imparted. Neither had been tainted by whatever darkness swallowed Light.

But they choose to hide away until they feel confident enough to provide their girls with the love they deserve rather than distrust.

At her core, motherhood is tied to Sachiko's very identity. She doesn't want to push her babies away, doesn't mean to lock them out, but she takes one look at Soichiro's crumpled figure as he cries into her shoulder after having stood strong his entire life, and she decides that she needs to help him remember how to heal before she can start trying to fix their family.