𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 13

The moment the door swung open, (Y/n) knew it was going to be a long, long day

To begin with, Sachiko and Sayu had informed her that Soichiro hadn't been home for the past two weeks at all, claiming that the workload had increased significantly and demanded his full attention. The same applied for Light.

Later, Sayu quietly informed (Y/n) that Misa Amane had been taken into custody due to a huge drug scandal she was allegedly involved in.

Despite not knowing the full story, (Y/n) had concluded that L was obviously involved, and so, she had set out to find him after demanding the current HQ location. She knew that she ought to have taken the time to catch up on some sleep instead, but she found herself in a cab to ride to the other side of the city instead.

She hadn't even seen him yet and L was already being an insufferable ass.

Following a blur of mechanical movements, she had finally found herself standing in front of the door leading to L's current living space only to have it opened by Matsuda, who then proceeded to give her the most pitying look she had received in all of her twenty-four years of existence.

"It's good to see you again, (Y/n)." He smiled sadly, moving aside to her in.

She eyed him strangely as she passed him, not taking too kindly to being looked at like a kicked puppy. Or, rather, it was only adding onto the existing irritation of effectively being thrown far out of the loop thanks to her two weeks of absence. "You, too," she returned, polite in spite of her confusion.

Aizawa and Mogi turned to her as well when she entered the main room, both of them studying her in careful apprehension as they greeted her. There it was again-- the same pitying look that once again left her feeling like a kicked puppy.

"What is going on?" she demanded finally, furrowing her eyebrows in her displeasure. "Where are Dad and Light?"

Before any of them could answer, L made his entrance, blinking at her figure before nodding in greeting. "Hello, (Y/n). How was your trip? You left earlier than planned."