Chapter 8

The drive to Axel's house was for the most part silent. Neither I nor Aiden spoke only Axel was letting out a few incoherent mumblings. When the car finally stops I look outside the window to see that we are in front of a two-story house in a quiet neighbourhood.

Well, no shit Mia it's like 1:15 in the morning. I shake my head and unbuckled my belt. Aiden was ready to get out of the car when I stop him.

"I can take him up, " I say to him as I undo the belt holding Axel sited.

"Are you sure? He's a bit heavy, " Aiden chuckles while Axel gives him the middle finger.

"I can walk dipshit, I'm not that wasted, " Axels says his words are swirl together.

"Okay then, " Aiden raises his hands in surrender.

"Can you just tell me where his room is?" I ask Aiden, seen as Axel was trying really hard to keep his eyes open.

"Go up the stairs, second door on the right, " He says, his body twisted to the side so he can look at us.

"I'll just help you get him out of the car, " he adds before opening his door and coming on Axel's side opening his door and helping him out of the car.

I get out and hook one of Axel's hand around my shoulders, as Aiden pats down his pockets trying to find the key. Once he finds it he gives it to me and I start walking towards the front door of Axel's house.

"I'll just wait for you in the car, " Aiden says loudly to me.

I give him a thumbs up and continue walking up to the door, putting in the key, unlocking it, and closing it as gently as possible behind us. I drag him up the stairs while trying to keep him quiet as he starts giggling all of a sudden.

"Shhh, " I say to him while putting a finger on my lips.

"Shhh, " he says back at me while nodding.

I roll my eyes and open the door to his room before I let him plop down on the bed. I let out a sigh, that was my exercise for the month done.

I go and turn him around so I can help him get off his clothes. I take off his jacket first and put it on his desk chair. Then came the shoes I unlace them and put them down by his bedside. I was debating between taking off his t-shirt and jeans but I decided against it cause I don't want to invade his privacy.

I do though go down the stairs and into the kitchen, find a glass after 5 minutes of opening all the cupboards, fill it with water and go back up leaving it on his bedside table. Grabbing my bag again I take out the two little white pills and place them next to the water. I take a look around his room and spot some sticky notes on his desk, grabbing one I wrote:

"This is the last time I'm giving you painkillers! You officially own me 17 of them times 2. Morning!" and stick it on his bedside table.

Helping him get under the covers, he starts giggling again, I put my index finger on his lips trying to shush him.

"Shhh, " I say.

He smiles and bites my finger, making me remove it from his lips at rapid speed. I let out a sigh and wipe it off on his shirt.

"I'm going to let it slide cause your drunk, " I say and turn to exit his room.

"Good night Mia, " he whispers before falling asleep.

"Night Axel, " I say practically to myself.

I left his keys on his desk and close the door gently behind me. Going into the car I see Aiden waiting patiently for me. I can tell that Aiden and Axel are close, not all of your friends would have left a party to take your drunk ass home. I'm glad Axel has someone he can count on.