Chapter 28

AXEL'S P.O.V

Today is our first day back at uni since the holidays. I think is going to be hard to top up that Christmas day. I had woken up to find Mia gone and Rebecca switching off the tv. Patrick yelled at me as usual, about making a mess with the blankets and that those are girl staff and what am I 5 building a fort like them. When I ask him if he was too old to know what a fort was he slap me across the face. Rebecca hadn't seen that slap as she went upstairs to change.

I didn't let him ruin that day for me though. It quickly became one of the best nights of my life alongside the ice-skating night. I had taken all of the pictures I took of Mia off the coffee table and found an empty photo album and place them all in. I spent the rest of the night admiring them.

She was really a work of art, an expensive piece of art. I would have her as my muse any day. I'll spend hours and hours painting her not because I'm a bad painter but because I wouldn't want to tear my eyes away from her. I don't regret for a single moment what escaped my lips that night. I do think I'm falling in love with her and I'm not afraid to admit it anymore.

I'm not going to hide or run away from this feeling like Mia is. I'm tired of Mia ignoring me for a month and a half now. That's why I'm waiting for Mia outside uni, to drag her ass to the park 2 minutes walk from here and talk.

"Mia, you always bump into him at uni. Do you really think you could avoid him?" I recognise that voice as Mia's friend, Maya.

I like Maya just because she seems to dislike Mia's relationship status just as much as I do.

"Well I haven't bumped into him today, so I think I'll be good, " Mia's voice feels my ears sending goosebumps on my skin.

She doesn't have your regular high pitch, heavily feminine voice. She has a slightly deeper voice, that still drips honey though. I like that mixture. Strong but sweet!

"Well think again baby, because you just did, " I say to her making her jump in her place.

I grab her hand before she has the chance to run away from me again because I don't want to play cat and mouse now.

Is too much effort and too much running!

I wave at Maya, "Have a nice day, don't worry she'll be in one piece when I'm done having that convo with her, " I say before starting to drag Mia towards the park.

"Maya!" Mia yells at her friend to intervene.

"Good luck! Text me once you get home, " that is Maya's response to her friend wanting to be rescued.

"Maya!" Mia sounds shocked.

"Axel let go of me!" Mia slaps me on the back.

"Never baby, " I say casually.

Once we reach the park I turn her around with her back now resting on a tree.

"Are you done acting like a fucking child?" I raise my voice just a tiny bit.

"No, I haven't!"

She's in a sassy mood today.

"Cut that attitude with me, it won't take you anywhere! We're going to sit down and talk like adults do, as friends to and like lovers do. Do you get me?" I put my hands on the tree trapping her in place.

"Fine, but can we sit down for this please?" She asks looking at me.

I nod my head and sit down across from her. The tip of my shoes touching hers. We both sit with our ass on the grass and legs apart, hands resting on our knees. Thankfully this spot has two trees close enough for us to rest our backs against them.

"I'm going to start first if you don't mind, " I ask her.

"Go on, it's only fair since I kept ignoring you for a while now."

"I don't regret what I told you. I do think that I'm falling in love with you. I've never felt like this before and I don't know if I'll ever feel like this again. So, I'm not going to run away from my feelings as you do. I'm not going to pretend that I don't want to kiss you, to hold you, to touch you, to hold your hand in public and fuck you on all the surfaces of my flat. I'm not going to pretend that there aren't any sparks when you accidentally brush your fingers up against mine. I'm not going to pretend that you don't put a smile on my face by just being in my presence. I'm not going to pretend that you don't make me laugh wholeheartedly. I'm not going to pretend that I don't get jealous whenever you talk about Carter and how much you love him. I'm not going to pretend that I'm not falling in love with you because it's convenient for you." I say all these things while staring into her beautiful hazel eyes that I grew to love.

Mia fiddles with her rings while gazing at me a sad expression on her face or maybe it's guilt.

"I talked with Carter yesterday night... He said that he realises how our relationship hasn't been going great lately and he wants to try his all and fight for our relationship and that he won't let me go easily. We decided to give us a second chance. I don't know what it is that I'm feeling for you but... I can't give you what you want, not now at least. I'm not going to tell you to wait for me though cause maybe my relationship with Carter will improve. Maybe Carter is the person I'm destined to be with and you can find someone better than me anyway."

Her voice is soft and her eyes are glossy but she's trying to appear strong by not letting them fall.

"There is something there from your side Mia, I can feel it. Maybe I don't know much about love and relationships but I'm not stupid. You're clinging on to a corpse and I just hope you realise that before you become a corpse yourself. You want to give him a second chance that's fair enough he's your boyfriend and you love him, not as he does though. You can keep lying to yourself all you want but your eyes are betraying you, just so you know. If I need to fight to win you over, then I'll fight, because this feeling is worth it for me."

I finally get everything out of my chest and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I don't really care if she doesn't feel the same yet. I don't care if she gives him a second chance or a third chance or even fucking fourth chance and I get none. What I care though, is proving to this stupid, scared girl that she deserves better and that I'll try to be that better for her.

I reach into the front pocket of my jacket and pull out a plain gold ring with a heart in the middle and our initials engrave in that. I know this might come off as cheesy or stupid or lame or whatever but I don't care.

I reach over and grab her hand in mine softly and slide in the ring on her index finger happy to see that it fits. I hear her gasp and play with the ring with a frown on.

"It's a promise ring that I'll fight for you. I'll fight for you until I win or lose. Also, something to look at when he's fucking you at night, " I say pulling out a cigarette and lighting it.

I stand up and leave her there speechless.

I know another place where I would've like to leave her speechless but I won't help her cheat on her boy.

When I win, I'll show her what it's like to be treated like you deserve.

I'll show her how you treat precious works of art.

A/N

Hey guys,

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I'll update another one or two chapters later on in the day!

Looks like our boy Axel is done being ignore! And he's also being kinda cheesy but at least he's being him!

Who knows what the future holds for these two or should I say three?

Feel free to comment & vote! ❤️

Hope you have a nice day/night! Xx