Chapter 17

AXEL'S P.O.V

If you ever told me that I'll be home shopping and pushing a trolley around in the future, I would have straight-up laughed at your face. Now it's Mia doing the laughing. I'm not complaining though, it's a nice laugh.

"Oh! You definitely need a mirror," Mia says grabbing a big black rim mirror.

"Yeah, I guess," I say scratching my head.

"Oh, and pillows, lots of pillows!"

Mia wanders around like a small kid in a candy store.

"What is your favourite colour?" She asks me.

"Blue, " I say as I see her grab a set of two baby blue pillows, putting them in the trolley.

"What is yours?" I ask.

"Hmm, I'm not sure, maybe purple, " she says shrugging.

I walk around the trolley and pick up a long purple pillow to go with the blues and blacks and greys colours that we're going for.

"You don't need to incorporate my favourite colour. It's your apartment, you're the one living in it, " she says shyly looking around the shop.

"I know but I like purple and it goes well with all the other colours we're going for. Don't worry I promise you that we'll only get stuff that I like, " I say smiling at her.

"Okay, let's keep going, " she says smiling.

"You like home shopping this much?" I ask her seen how excited she was the whole time we've been here.

"Yeah, I love home shopping! " She says turning abruptly around, giving me an all teeth smile.

Her smile is so radiant that I can't help myself but smile back at her.

"Okay, so bed sheets and duvet cover are the most important things alongside frying pans and toilet paper! "

She suddenly stops and turns and looks at me, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Do you know how to cook?" She asks me.

"Oh, for a second I thought you were going to ask me if I know how to wipe my ass, which I do by the way," I say making her burst out laughing which brought a few people's attention to us.

"I thought about asking but I wasn't ready to teach you in case you didn't know! Now answer my question," she says calming down from her intense laughter.

"A few things yeah. Rebecca used to teach me back when I was 12 and Aiden knows how to cook as well," I say shrugging off the question.

I can see her lips twisting upwards just a tiny bit.

We continue roaming around the shop grabbing all the necessary stuff. Duvet cover, bedsheets, curtains, kitchen stuff, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, and some other decorative bibs and bobs.

"Do you have money for all of this?" Mia asks me while eyeing the full now trolley.

"I have. I've been working since I was 14 years old, " I say looking at her baffled face.

"Oh, I wasn't expecting that, " she says her voice coming off as a whisper.

"What? Were you expecting me to use dear old mommy's and daddy's money?" I scoff.

"Come on Mia you should know me better by now, " I say.

"I didn't mean it like that. I know your relationship with your foster parents is basically none existent. I was just surprised at the young age you started working, " she says looking down on her slightly dirty trainers.

"I know, I have been doing odd jobs here and there whatever I could find. From cleaning floors and toilets to washing the dishes. From taking dogs out on a walk to taking people's orders to being behind the cashier to making coffees and so on and so on, " I say pushing the trolley towards the self check out, the less interaction with humans the better.

"That must have been tough for you. I can't imagine a 14-year-old kid do all those jobs, " she says scanning the items we're getting, putting them in bags.

"It was but in the end, it was worth it, I gained experience and lots of money, " I say chuckling.

Carrying everything to my car, we put them away and get in. We decided to go grab food before going back to my flat. Once we arrive back we leave the food on the coffee table and start decorating.

We make the bed, throw some pillows on it, and the others on each side of the sofa. We put the mirror up above the dresser just like Mia suggested. A chunky throw resting on the armchair of the sofa. We then moved to the kitchen putting all the utensils, glasses, and plates away in the cupboards.

After finishing we plop down on the sofa, feeling tired. We grab the food and start eating, sitting criss-cross on the floor, our backs resting on the sofa.

"So, what else do I need to know about relationships?" I ask.

"Well, you need to be understanding of your partner. You need to be caring and compassionate, I promise it's not hard. Sometimes you might need some time on your own, when they say they don't want to talk about it then don't push them to talk about it. It'll only cause more arguments. When a girl is on her period you need to understand that she is going to be feeling unwell and she might have mood swings. Don't act like an immature boy and go and buy her sanitary pads or tampons depending on what she uses, and maybe get her some sweets as well. When a girl says that she doesn't want to get on the pill, don't push her to. The pill can have a lot of negative effects on a girl's mood and really mess up their hormones, you need to understand that and respect that. It doesn't cause you any emotional pain to put on a condom," she stops talking to take a sip of her water.

"Sometimes depending on the situation, all someone needs is a hug for comfort and a squeeze of the hand for reassuring. Actions speak louder than words. Words can be pretty but they last for very little, while actions can have a powerful impact, " she finishes.

This whole time she was talking we put our empty bowls of food aside and lean back on the sofa facing each other. Our faces are so close that I can see the freckles that decorate her skin across her cheeks, noses, and a few scattered on her forehead.

"You didn't tell me how did your date go last night with Carter?" I ask her.

"It went great! We went out for waffles and we talk, we went down memory lane and it was really fun! Then we went back to our place we kiss and yeah... It was nice, " she blushes a bit, smiling softly.

"So, you decided to keep fighting?" My eyes burning into her own.

"I decided to give my relationship another chance just because we've been together for so long and know each other even longer. It would be a shame to give up so easily. Plus I still do love him despite all our ups and downs, " she says.

Her voice getting so quiet at the end if I wasn't sitting this close to her I may not have heard her.

"I just hope you won't regret it in the end, " I say softly, almost feeling guilty for saying that seeing how happy she looks.

"I won't, " she says.

Uncertainty clear as a day in her voice.

A/N

Hey guys,

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Feel free to comment & vote! ❤️
I appreciate all the feedback I can get.

Have a nice day/night! Xx