Epilogue

AXEL'S P.O.V
*10 years later*
January 12

Slow feathery kisses are being laid on my chest up to my neck from a pair of soft plump lips. A delicate hand at the same time travels down from my jaw down to my stomach and up again.

I run my hand down her spine feeling the hairs on her skin stand up shivering before gripping her asscheek in the palm of my hand hard.

She lets out a yelp and lean forward glaring at me for a second before a smile takes over. I bring my other hand down on her head brushing her hair away from her face before leaning in and kissing her forehead.

I let my head fall back on the soft pillow and relax my grip on her.

"Good morning, " she says running her nails up and down my chest as she lays her head under my chin.

"Good morning love, " I say taking her hand in mine and laying a kiss on it before looking at the time on my phone.

"Shit, we need to get up it's 9:30 already!"

I put my phone back on the side table and run my hands over my face. We only slept for 4 hours last night. One, Mia was being naughty and two, because someone wanted attention late at night.

"Ugh! I'm too tired can't we just sleep for another hour or so?" She says whilst already moving to her side of the bed and bringing the sheet over her ear.

Before I could answer I hear noises coming from next door, well looks like we both already know the answer to that.

"Ugh! Whatever," she mumbles but I lay a hand on her shoulder stopping her from getting up.

"Don't worry babe I got this, you can go back to sleep."

"Are you sure?" Her eyes looking at me with concern.

"Yeah I'm sure, if I need you I'll come and wake you up, " I move the sheets away from my body and get up to go to the bathroom and get ready for the day.

After a quick shower and brushing my teeth I get dressed and lay a kiss on Mia's cheek before going to the room next to us. I open the door slightly peeking through to see if the coast is clear before entering.

I take slow steady steps towards the single bed and kneeled next to our sleeping beauty. I brush her hair behind her ear and watch the adorable small human being sleeping peacefully on the bed. 

We have two kids so far with Mia. Our son Oliver is currently 8 years old and our princess Daisy is 5 years old. Their our little miracles and bundles of joy in our life.

I still can't believe I'm a dad. Even after so many years I still can't believe that I made it this far. We achieved all these things, all these milestones. I wake up every day thanking God and my younger self for not giving up. I can't imagine how much I would have regretted it knowing what I was going to have in the future. I would have died twice probably one from myself and one from regret.

It's been 10 years since we agreed to start our family. Something that first brought us so much pain and tears before giving us joy. After 4 months of trying Mia became pregnant but unfortunately she miscarriage only 2 months later.

I can still remember that day so vividly. The way her voice tremble and the sharp intakes of breath when she spoke to me on the phone telling me that I need to go home immediately. She didn't tell me why and she didn't need to say anything once I speed home and saw her sitting in the living room with her hands around her torso and tears running down her cheeks.

I picked her up and took her to the hospital where they confirm to us that she had a miscarriage. I can still hear her sobs on our way back and the way I felt numb. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to cry, to scream, to lash out and break things but I just sat there with her in my arm as tears leak out of my eyes. For quite some time I thought life was punishing me again for unknown reasons but I knew I had to pick myself up again and help Mia do the same.