Piece of my Heart

It's the next morning and Juneau wakes up feeling something on her chest. She looks down and sees a sleeping princess. Her light blonde hair and pale skin look so beautiful. She looks down at her lips and sees that they are still swollen from last night. Juneau tenses, last night was the best night of her life but also kind of scary. Juneau moves her hair to make sure there is no mark on her neck and thankfully there was no mark. Juneau let out a sigh of relief and slowly moved to make sure not to wake up the girl to go make breakfast.

Juneau's POV

I was in the mood for nachos, so I started making nachos. I look over and see her still sleeping and my wolf just looks at her admiring our mate.... wait. I shake my head and saying out loud without thinking, "she is not our mate Asura." Yeah, I named my wolf because she is a pain sometimes and I liked the name, so I gave it to her. She just rolls her eyes at me and goes back to sleep.

I have been paying attention to the food that I didn't even notice that she got out of bed. I froze a bit when I felt arms wrap around my waist then I relax smelling a familiar scent. "Who is Asura?" She asks me and I shake my head, "You heard me?" She nods her head and moves to the side and sits on the side of the counter near the oven. "Asura is the name I gave my wolf," I say, and she looks at me confused. I can see she wants to ask what the name means so I tell her. "Asura in Indian means demon," I say, and she asks "demon? Why name her that?" I laugh a bit and continue to explain, "I didn't name her that because of the meaning to Indians. To me, Asura means pain in the ass, a thorn in my side that will never leave, bitchy, bratty, and so on."

The girl laughs a bit and says, "Do you think I can name my wolf when I shift?" I look at her and think, "Why would you name your wolf? It's not a thing a lot of wolves do. I just do it cause of my mood swings I get from being angry or pissed off," I finish saying and she looks at me. "I want to name my wolf to cause my wolf is the opposite of my personality," she says, and I look at her confused a bit, she laughs and gets comfy and now I'm like great I'm getting told a story. "My personality right now is calm, lovable. I am also bubbly and happy all the time," she says and says without thinking, "too happy and bubbly." She looks at me like she wants to kill me, "I also like to make people smile and I love to sing."

 I turn my head to look at her confused, "you sing?" I say a little taken back while she nods her head and says, "yes I sing." I look at her and smirk, "sing a song for me then," I say, and she looks down all shy. "I don't normally sing in front of strangers," I burst out laughing, "me? A stranger? I wasn't a stranger last night though." I can see her face get all red and shy, "N-no, you weren't then." I take her chin in my hand and tilt her head up so she is looking at me, "no need to be afraid princess, I won't judge you if you sound like a dying cat." I finish and she smacks my hand away as I laugh and go back to cooking the food, "fine, what song do you want me to sing?" I shrug my shoulders and say, "Don't matter."

"Oh, I hope someday I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near
Wanna feel alive, outside I can't fight my fear

Isn't it lovely, all alone?
Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin to bone
Hello, welcome home"

As she was singing, I was in awe. Her voice is so soft yet angelic. I never wanted her to stop singing. "Well? What did you think?" She asks and I have to leave my trance-like state to respond, "very good. Very beautiful." She smiles and looks down to the floor and she looks back up with a question on her mind, but she doesn't want to ask me. "What's your question, princess? I can see you have one on your mind," I say, and she looks down and whispers, "why did you say she isn't your mate?" I froze thinking I heard her wrong. "I couldn't hear your princess, speak up please," I say and turn to her. She looks at me and says, "why did you say earlier she isn't our mate?"